1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who doubles on keys for synth bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Melvin7822, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    I'm just curious to see who here on TB uses an actual synth for synth bass lines. What synth are you using? I personally use an Alesis Micron and use the program Microzune for editing.

2. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    I do:

Roland JV80
    Korg SP200

3. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I want to. Don't have a gig yet where it's appropriate. I too have an Alesis micron. How is that program working out for you?

4. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    It works really well. I highly recommend it. You can find it at www.bizune.com .

5. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    So do you bring your laptop to gigs? That's pretty cool... is the interface done through midi or USB? If MIDI, how do I connect it to my laptop?

6. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    No, I don't actually bring a laptop to shows although I see a lot that do. I just use Microzune for creating patches. If I ever need to edit anything at a show, I'll just go through the menus. Microzune goes through MIDI. To connect your Micron to the laptop you'll need a MIDI USB interface (which can be found just about anywhere) and you'll need a MIDI cable. Then you plug from the MIDI OUT of the interface to the MIDI IN of the Micron and voila.

7. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    My favorite MIDI USB interfaces are the ones made by M-Audio. Expect to pay $40 for one.