1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who else came home from the gig last night in love with their gear!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fish slapper, Nov 7, 2010.

1. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    Just throwin' it out there. I took my tried and true MIA J standard. Late 90's, nothing groovy, but if I was a one bass guy, this'd be my one bass. If my house was on fire and I could only save one, she'd be the one I'd grab.:hyper:

Anyone one else?

Now on to the classifieds. GAS is a terrible thing to waste.:bag:

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I came home wishin' I had a tilt back combo. In a tight space, my cabinet was givin' my knees the love (but dang if I could hear it.)

3. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I did...used my Fender AmStd P V and my Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0-10T. DI (excellent DI btw) into the house system, amp tilted at me on stage. Fresh strings on my P. All good!

4. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    oh yeah, my standard bar gig rig is a Markbass F-1, and a Schroe 1210R. Added to my bliss.:hyper: and with my wife's help, its a one trip load in.:hyper:

5. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    My guitarist wanted to play my bass (Stingray 5) last night after practice, and the sound was absolutely awful. I had to use some major eq adjustments just to make the sound passable. She only wanted to sing beautifully in my hands. :D

edit: Oh yeah, playing the SR5 through various effects into a GB Shuttle 6.0 and GK Neo212 series I.

6. I came back wishing I had a better bridge on my MIM J.

7. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    I came home from my last gig wishing the soundman had a clue how to mix my rig :)

8. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Friday and Saturday with my Dingwall Afterburner I through my Shuttle 6.0 / Bergantino HT112 and VT Bass, fantastic!
    Loving it...

9. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    If something in my collection doesnt leave me happy when I leave a gig, its most likely sold within the week.

10. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass. Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Providence, RI
    I had a mixed experience. My EBMMs played beautifully, but the soundman refused to let me use my Markbass combo because he already had a G-B/Bag End rig set up running into the board. Most of the time I couldn't hear myself, and when I could there was a weird warbling sound coming out of the amp. That, coupled with said soundman's inability to control mic feedback and propensity to shut mics OFF just before one of us was about to sing, led to a crappy night overall.

:meh:

11. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Played at an outdoor party in a barn with 1 wall missing. Very cold to this southern boy. I took my P Lyte because I didn't want to subject my new Jazz or P to the elements. It's not as pretty as the J or P, but this all original puts out great tone and weighs in a 7 lbs. I was reminded why this was my go-to bass for 12 years.

Thunderfunk TF550B into NV215, no PA support. This rig laughs at the thought of PA support. This is the second time I've had it outside. Couldn't be more pleased. It's tight and controlled no matter where you stand, without being overbearing when you're in front of it. Then I set it back up in the sanctuary this morning and enveloped the congregation in a soft pillow of low end.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

12. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I have the one bass. Its fits me TBQH. Not the fanciest bass, not is it the most versatile. But it gets #### done!

13. Not me , got drunk and some guy took my bass and went across state lines.........:p

14. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Atkinson P/J>Sansamp PBDDI>Opto-Stomp>Shuttle 6.0>Avatar B410 Neo = Bliss

15. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I tend to be very critical of my gear/sound at gigs but I'm generally satisfied that I've dialed in a good sound for the room and mix. But two weeks ago the sound man recorded our gig from the board and I was grinning like an idiot hearing my bass tone on the playback. That night it was my Valenti P5 (and two songs with my fretless Stambaugh) through my Mesa Walkabout. I also used a Berg NV412 but the recording was my direct tone.

16. Last night I had to leave the 2x15 home because it was a small gig. My 810 boomed though.

17. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Clips?

18. CosmicRay

CosmicRay Supporting Member

It was great until the second set, that's when a speaker blew out in my less than two month old Eden 410XLT...!!!
    Couldn't believe it! The speaker just fell apart. Half the paper cone is missing! Had to play the last 60 minutes with fart like distortion.
    Not too cool.
    I hope the other three in this cab aren't defective as well....
    Now I have to see what U.S Music is going to do about this.
    I really don't want to have to send a 100 lb. cab to them for repair. They should just send me a new speaker.
    Very disappointing to get a "top of the line" cab and have it crap out - on a gig - within 60 days!!!
    I like Eden stuff, but c'mon...:atoz:

19. I came home cursing my BX500 which started cutting in and out the first set. Turned it off between sets and the pulled the bass eq back a bit and it seemed to be ok the rest of the night.

David

20. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Jul 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    +1.... That's how my gig went to man.:scowl: