Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who else can't wait to lace up the skates and hit the ice?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Although I'm not a huge fan of winter, for obvious reasons like cold and snow, I do love hockey. And more than anything, I love playing hockey. If there's one sport that I can't say no to, it's hockey.

Last winter I bought some new skates and played at the outdoor rink near my house with some friends and a bunch of other guys - regulars, you could call them. What a feeling! It'd been several years since I stopped playing with a team, and besides the occasional street hockey and indoor hockey games (oh, and ice hockey with no skates, several times... slowest game on earth, pun intended) I hadn't had the chance to lace em up and actually play.

Well it's been cold lately, and though the snow is a few months away, I can't help but breathe the cold air and miss hockey. And this winter I'll be at the rink several times a week. Who else can't resist?

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I tried iceskating a couple weeks ago and damn. That's not easy! My friend who I went with has figure skated for 13 years since she was ~3. She went backwards around the rink on one foot as fast as I could with two. :eyebrow:

3. Haha, it's definitely not something you can pick up immediately. I guess we just take it for granted, being Canadian boys, growing up with hockey. I can remember my first time playing hockey, I must have been 4 or 5 years old. It's one of my oldest memories.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    T'is true. Actually, hockey is the only sport I really wanted to do that my parents weren't into, just 'cause it was so expensive (buying new pads EVERY year piles up.) Despite that, I do still know my way around on skates.

That said, I'm surprised you haven't already done it! At least two of my friends are playing in a local league already and have been for a couple weeks :D.

5. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Like, being in Montana, fairly close to our neighbors north, it's not at all uncommon here, but just haven't really done it since I was like...5.