Who else digs Concrete Blonde?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by vegaas, Dec 1, 2003.

1. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Wow. I just heard two of their songs. Very emotional and passionate!
    My current band is a Pop/Rock band. I have been into Hard Rock/Metal my whole life, so this is all new for me. Our singer said she really likes Concrete Blonde, so I listned to two of their songs.

I first listned to Joey. I was impressed, I really liked the musicianship. Then I listned to Tomorrow Wendy. Wow, great song. You can feel the vibe. They really know how to create atmosphere. Very dark. If you havent heard those songs you should check them out. Vegaas gives them a thumbs up.

Of course, rule number 1 is that I am an idot, so take its for what its worth.

Seriously though, who else digs this band?
  2. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

You have lots of stuff to check out, my friend, Concrete Blonde is an AMAZING band, and Johnette is an incredible singer, and writes some very cool bass lines too.
    Check out The "Free" album and "Mexican Moon" and of course "Bloodletting" you'll find that they are a really underrated band and write great songs, with no real genre holding them back They have flat out rockers, alt-country stuff, folky acoustic stuff and almost anything else you can imagine.
  3. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    The singer plays bass? Wow she is very talented.
  4. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Alright, Johnette has me mesmorized! I cant get enough of her voice. This is the type of passion I want from my band. I cant believe Concrete Blonde wasnt a more popular band.

The songs I have listned make me feel like the songs my band plays are shallow. Not only does Johnette have an incredible voice, she makes very good choices in her basslines as well.

All music should have this feeling behind it.
  5. The production on CB's albums is outstanding. Everytime I listen to one it seems I find something new layered in there that catches my ear. JD
  6. BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    "God Is A Bullet" is one of my all time favorite songs.
  7. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    yes concrete blonde is awesome
    and the 'group therapy' lp rocks
    who would have thought ten years went by?
    be sure to check out the new 'live in brazil'
    plus the 'still in hollywood' b sides collection

props to james mankey on guitar
    simply amazing

hard to find:
    'pretty and twisted'
    a johnette side project (warner bros records)
    w/marc moreland of wall of voodoo

caught CB on tour this spring
    opening was THE TWINEMEN
    fans of morphine will understand
  8. If you like Concrete Blonde, check out the song "struck a nerve" by Bad Religion....that lady does some of the vocals in that song,