1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who else feels like there’s stuff hiding all over the housr

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jrussblues, Nov 10, 2019.

1. In the process of moving in to my new house and now I’m trying to hide stuff all over the place. I’m sure my wife knows it all exists...but I would at least think I’m trying to be sneaky about it.
    I have a rack in the house with Basses/guitars, cases piled up in the closet, a case and a bass outside, a guitar amp in the bedroom, a 4x10 in the bedroom, a 1x15 in the bedroom closet, a 1x15 in the hall closet, a 4x10 sitting on the front porch and some more stuff sitting in the attic of the other house up front, 2 rack mounted amps in the shed outside, plus a couple of actual gig bags and some boxes with miscellaneous parts and hardware, a pedalboard in a bag.
    I also have another bass that’s due for arrival in about 7-9 months and another that’s in the shop for a couple of weeks.
    It’s not like my stuff is the greatest stuff in the world I just didn’t realize it all existed until I was moving.

Attached Files:

Chickenwheels, bulldean, Neo1 and 4 others like this.
  2. I think there's a cheap violin bass hiding under this pile of clothes and magazines.

:atoz:

mcgreivey and IconBasser like this.
  3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

I only wish....
    My basses are under the bed along with my BX500 head and pedals. My dual 112 cabs and Rumble 40 are in the storage closet on the balcony.

if I had a larger apartment, the cabs would probably be in our “office” or something...

4. rockdoc11

rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    I have to confess that in the past I've found a bass or two in cases under a bed in the guest room that I'd put there years earlier and completely forgotten about!

It's like a NBD!

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    I went through something like that. When we moved my wife said "I didn't realize you had so much stuff". I think we filled a 17" stake bed truck. Too much stuff. Time for downsizing.

Groove Doctor and Jason Hollar like this.
  6. dmt

dmt

Apr 19, 2003
    Orbiting Sol

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive :roflmao:

MynameisMe, downunder, PWRL and 4 others like this.
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Yeah when you don't even realize what you have, it's time to sell or give.

8. This is now it, the extent of my pile.

(Not pictured: Two electric guitars, an acoustic guitar, and the Pedaltrain hiding behind the Deluxe.)

Took some doing to get it lean and mean, but I never found a stray guitar hiding about the house like so much couch change. Kudos!

72B5C52C-A4E6-4887-82BE-7D0796DB950D.

9. So far The only thing I’ve “lost” was a couple of guitar pedals.
    I drug the old rack case inside last night when I was trying to get everything organized. A while back I threw my old Ampeg b5r in the rack with my practice amp.
    The B5R was my gigging amp from 2002-2003. It was the only thing I could afford back then. At some point over the last 16 years I definitely verified that the amp was broken...apparently I did not. I plugged it in last night and it works fine other than some scratchy pots.
    NAD! Woo hoo!

mikewalker likes this.
  10. My wife and I just built a house about 300 feet from our old house.
    Our old house is about 900 +/- square feet so it’s smaller than a lot of apartments. Add in a teenager and our 1.5 year old son. It was pretty tight. Some of my gear spent most of its life either parked at a practice space or in the band trailer. Otherwise I’m pretty sure I would have gotten the memo from the wifey that some of this stuff has to go.
    Yesterday I was hauling the last of all of our junk across the yard and I was shocked by how much we crammed into that house.

downunder and Groove Doctor like this.
  11. I'm the extreme opposite. I even have Excel spreadsheets with all my stuff: stuff I have, stuff I no longer have, when it was bought, how much it cost, etc. It's kind of an obsession, not necessarily in a good sense.

12. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:laugh:

13. Gothic

Gothic

Apr 13, 2008
    Greece
    No but my dream is to open random closets and find forgotten basses inside. I'd be smiling all day.

14. Nothing hidden at my house I have a music room that contains the lot of it. And yes there is a lot of it to contain :bassist:
    Amps alone I am at 13. (which doesn't include power amps and head phone amps)

juancaminos and btmpancake like this.
  15. Green Knight

Green Knight Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Got one hiding between the pull-out bed and the wall.

Chickenwheels, Zimborg and mikewalker like this.
  16. Ggaa

Ggaa

Nov 26, 2018
    My 15s make good auxiliary sewing tables when not at a gig. Found 4th and 5th guitar stands in a clothes closet, still got to the gig with no stand.

downunder, mikewalker and equill like this.
  17. 9Thumbs

9Thumbs

Jul 3, 2013
    Near Boston
    With the exception of the "upstairs" DB in the living room, and an old Jazz Bass in it's case in my closet, my pile is all in the music room in the basement. I keep telling myself it is time to thin out the music gear, and the surfcasting gear, and the model train stuff in boxes, and.........

mikewalker likes this.
  18. Every time I think I have too much gear, somebody here snaps me out of it :)

19. Know the feeling well.

There's a bass build going on in the kitchen. 14 basses and my upright in the living room,pedals/cables/mixer in there too. 23 basses in cases in the bedroom. Another 26 basses in the spare room,6 heads and 6 cabs in spare room cupboard.Cupboard over the stairs houses yet another 14 basses. Cupboard under the stairs has necks and bodies.

Only refuge I got from bass is the bathroom :)

MynameisMe, delta7fred and mikewalker like this.
  20. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    You sir, have a problem. Not quite sure if it's a memory issue, or a hoarding issue, or some combination of the two, but I guarantee you there something there. I'm also pretty sure there's a "club" for that somewhere on Talkbass.