who else here is a crazy person?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tribal3140, Feb 4, 2006.

1. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    I is............

on paper

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Looks pretty rad to me. :)
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, great pictures dude. :hyper:
  5. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    john you may have seen the first one on brians wall at the low end! (a print-the only print!)

heres a work in progress, it usually takes me about 1 Year to finish one of these (being several hundred thousand - a million penstrokes!)
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    man. that's doing it the hard way heh.
  7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Could you imagine your artwork as a tatoo?
    It would take a a bunch of long sessions(and pain) but it would be amazing.
  8. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    you are not the first person to ask that!
    my tatooer here did the MC esher "entangled snakes" on somebody and it was as damn close to perfect as I have ever seen a tat.
    He might be able to do it. that is definately some long sits.
    I've been in that chair for 8 hours b4!
    [XS in rochester MI.]-matt hessler the owner did all of mine
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I think it's awesome, and you got some real talent. Of course, I'm illiterate in skill when it comes to visual arts, so all I know is that it pleases my eye. keep it up! :bassist:
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Interesting stuff- most of it is rendered extremely well, particularly for pen (second hardest way to go after watercolor IMO- you can't erase either).

Almost all of my drawings are of nudes- does that make me a pervert on paper? ;)
  12. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    no just a bass playin weirdo like the rest of us!

look a self portrait!
  13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

You live in Michigan, good pictures. The one with the smokestacks reminds me of the ones pictured in both "Animals" and "Quadrophenia".
  14. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm liking this, and I love Escher. Do you sell any of that? If it's against forum rules to discuss such matters in the thread, PM me if you're interested in selling.
  15. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I draw some crazy **** too myself. Though I tend to stick to good ol' lines, I'm not too big on shading. I like coloring them with neon highlighters. Some of my **** could be described as snapshots of the mind of an LSD junkie.
  16. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Spectacular. I would also be interested if you'd part with some for my music room. I am going to be gutting my computer room, and turnin it into a music room, and there will be some art hanging aroud.
  17. just wondering how many pens do you go thruogh on a single piece..BTW,nice work
  18. I draw odd stuff. It's not particularly good, though. I see figures in everything. For example, our jazz band was riding home on the bus late last night from the NT Jazz Festival. I was looking across the bus at the window opposite me. When we hit a stop, the lights, buildings and grease on the window aligned so that an uncannily quadruped-shaped creature now stared back at me. I pulled out my notebook and sketched it.

I do this all the time, the other day I saw a construed face in a boulder at the park. Sketched it.

Anyone else see stuff like this?
  19. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Looks skillfully done to me! I'd also like to qualify myself as a "slightly funny in the head" kinda person, however I have nothing to show it except my personality, which doesn't transform to text format very well ;)

Have you thought out simplifying your stuff? The quality is awesome, but that would help you to work on the compositions more. I think this is the purpouse of "simple line visualizing" sketching techniques they teach in art&design schools.

I'd love to see you move from great 2D quality into rad 3D space compositions and put a sense of distance and viewpoint into the works.