Who else here likes cigars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I just recently went to a cigar shop in a building that my employer owns. What an awesome shop. They have some amazing stuff in there. I went there and got a pretty rare cigar. It's a pre-embargo cuban. It smells amazing. I can't wait for that special occasion. Maybe when one of my good friends has his child, we'll take it out and enjoy it. Pretty sweet stuff!

Also, this week, I found a humidor that someone threw out. It has some nice cigars left in it. I looked it up on the net, and it was a 250 dollar humidor! Woo! Anyways, thanks for listening to my ramblings!
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    alright, funny man. Let's not get political... ;) :p
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I used to smoke them all the time and I had a locker in the walk-in humidor at the local pub. It just got to where I was spending too much time and money on cigars and I pretty much quit. I smoke on a special occasion now and then. I like dark wrappers.

brad cook
  4. I know I'm underage...but me and my friends always have cheap cigars, like Black and Milds. It's just something that seems funny; you rarely see someone smoking a cigar anymore, you have to be in the right place.
  5. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I love a good cigar. I'm still in search for a decent everyday smoke. I buy cigars from catalogs so it's kinda hit or miss.
    I think I will go now and sit on my front porch and smoke a cigar.

This reminds me I have to check my hydrometer. :eek:
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I recently got into it, and I really like it. I enjoy walking in the cigar shops because they smell so good. Great stuff.
  7. i don't mind a cigar once in a while, usually just on a special occasion, like when a friend turns 18, me and a couple of other friends that are already 18 get a couple cigars...just cheap ones though
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm a pretty avid cigar smoker. Authentic pre embargo cubans are exceedingly rare, and over 40 yrs old. I'd be shocked if there were too many authentic ones around.
  9. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    While I prefer a nice Virginia/Burley pipe tobacco blend, I do enjoy an occasional cigar. I haven't met a maduro that I haven't liked yet.
  10. black and milds arent cigars.

as for me, i like a good cohiba. on the road i like garcia y vega cigarillos or senators.
  11. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I smoke 'em sometimes, my humidor's been empty for a while though.

Not that I have found an "excellent" one yet, perhaps one of those milder creamy dominicans..
  12. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I have a box of Arturo Fuentes at home right now. I love a good cigar, especially if I've had a few drinks. For me, alcohol and cigars go very well together.
  13. They're all the cigar I need for $2.00
  14. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    when i go to america on saturday my dad will be buying cuban cigars for my uncle. we do this every year and no one on the british side cares. and no one on the american side has found out :p
  15. Those are terribly processed and artificial. Cancer to the maxx!
  16. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004

Men, I bought cohiba cigarretes a while back, heavy stuff!
  17. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    How do you call those tiny cigarrette like cigars in english? I usually buy a brand called "cafe Creme" made with oriental blends thats really smooth and tasty, the mild version is just disgusting
  18. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Anyone tried Churchill’s btw? I want to try it:/

BTW I hear Canada has no problem with Cuban cigars... think if there is a way to bring some Cubans back from Canada for personal use? Friend of my said he just got 50 Cubans for $100 not a bad price for good cigars:/

Maybe someone from Canada can confirm that Cubans in Canada or fair priced, no?