1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who else is running a Mac

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by g4string, Mar 14, 2008.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Splitting hairs? Saying their hardware is identical is tantamount to saying that their operating systems are identical. That's not splitting hairs.

At least I got you to employ the 'rolleyes' smiley, used in discussions by those with only the mightiest of wits.

2. ninnlangel

ninnlangel Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    France, Switzerland
    Now that's a silly statement.

If you analyze the hardware in a mac, you will see that under the nicely designed box, there are standard PC parts, the hard drives are the same as the ones you might find in a Dell, Toshiba or HP pc, the MB are built on the same intel chipsets, this all explains why intel Macs can run windows easily (according to some reviewers, better because Apple's drivers are one simple installation process away, vs the 20+ packages you have to download for most pc laptops if you don't want to use the bloated default installation).

As for saying that it's tantamount to saying their operating systems are identical, well however much you search, however low in the architectures you look, you won't find any real similarity there.

To the OP, if anything, buy a Mac, because if you hate running Mac OS X, you can always just put windows on it and you'll have a better looking windows laptop. (Not that I have any doubt that 5h on OS X will have you hooked anyway).

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada

Took me less then that!

Easy to install or remove a program, no dll left, no registry. No spyware and only 1 virus.

I'm really surprise of the capability of my macbook. I thought it would be good for internet and office. But I can do some good audio editing no problems!
    I won't go back to a windows pc in a long time.