Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Else is Snowed-In??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Feb 12, 2006.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    It looks like the the ice planet Hoth outside my window.:meh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its weird....this winter's been so mild. Kinda cool though, i love the snow. Anyone else get hit by this blizzard?

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    How much snow have you gotten?

3. I'm here in central PA and I got about a foot. Its almost done though...

4. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    We got a good amount, but it looks like it is over.

I love the dog.

5. Some pictures I just took from my front doorstep... One is a tree across the street and one is a mound of snow formerly known as my mom's honda and the last one is of my front step

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got around a foot.

6. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    So far I'd say at least 6 inches, no sign of stopping.

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    We had flurries here in Greensboro last night, nothing stuck though. I was kinda excited by it, I grew up in Louisiana & Florida, snow is a real novelty to me!!! Sadly, thanks to a NASTY cold, I didn't go out in it the way I wanted to. :meh:

8. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    My wife's in your state today - not sure where - with my daughter at a regional dance competition. Sucks. She called and said it was coming down very hard.

9. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    My step son graduted from Ft Jackson in Columbia SC. I drove from NW IN to Knoxville first night ran into snow in the mountains. First time this year they called off school because of snow.. go figure my luck. Got past the smokies and the weather was great well a little cool but no snow. headed back yesterday and hit snow in NC, Va. and West Va. I thought I would avoid the smokies:crying: . Headed west to Ohio. It cleared up in Ohio and everything was cool till I hit Ft. Wayne In. They had freezing rain covered by a light snow. There where accidents every 1000 ft. no kidding. At this point my wife hates me, traffic is moving at like 20 mph, I'm only a 100 miles from home and we can't find an exit with a close hotel. I made it home but it was late. Still I find snow covered scenes beautiful. Good Day

10. Thats crazy!

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It's still coming down:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i'm trapped in. i havent been outside yet to see how much we got. my truck is no friend of the snow and, being from southern california, neither am i. :)

13. MarkyMark

MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
    no snow in Bloomington, Indiana.

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    We're apparently getting it worse here on the coast in southeast CT. Usually we get less because we're off the water, but we've got a least a foot and it's still snowing.

15. I'm not snowed in here in VA (I Am from NY so this is nothing) but the snow did affect us. My band was going to fill in for a cancelation, and it would have been our first gig together since I joined last month. The guitr player was walking down the stairs to talk to the owner and he fell hard, broke his tailbone. We couldn't play. It was a weird night.

16. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    That's nasty. Let us know how he's doing. That can't be good.

17. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    we got about a foot here in philly

-jimbo

18. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    We've got about a foot and a half here outside of boston. It seems to be coming to a close, though which is good. Damn snow never stopped us new englanders though! I'm going to go snow blow the driveway then it's off to band practice for me!
    yipee
    -Alex

19. I wouldn't say snowed in, but we just got dumped on.

20. We got about 8 inches or so on Long Island. With the drifts, it's a few feet deep in some places. It basically looks like Nino Valenti's pictures.