1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who else loves the YBA200!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Mar 30, 2006.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I can't wait to get mine! I want to hear how much you guys love this head, and if you got pics...SHOW THEM!!!

2. throw_this_away

throw_this_away

Mar 30, 2006
    Here is my baby. Just replaced the preamp tubes with JJ's and the power section with JJ KT88's and I love it even more. Best thing I have ever bought next to my rics... but then they go hand in hand.

3. Nice rig! Is that the matching cabinet?

4. throw_this_away

throw_this_away

Mar 30, 2006
    it is the matching cab and I think it sounds fantastic... though I don't bother with the tweeter... the guitar player can fill those frequencies. I get plenty of high end without it.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Can you describe the tonal differences that you hear between the stock (Sovtek?) tubes and the JJ's?

Thanks, Tom.

P.S.
    Oh, and I really love my YBA200. This thing is stellar for the money!
    Traynortubeglow.

120_2094.

6. throw_this_away

throw_this_away

Mar 30, 2006
    I talked about it a bit in another thread. The old Sovteks (6 months old with moderate use) tended to sound slightly scooped at lower (home) volumes, but the mids filled out fine at jam/show volumes. The JJ's (everything swapped with JJ's... including the KT88's) seem to have more mids at low volumes, and a more focused bottom. Of course there are plenty of highs as the tubes are new.

I will have a better judgment after I get to gig with it, but the sound has gone from great to GRRRRRREAT.