1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who else LOVES their G&L M2500?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BackonBass13, Oct 19, 2013.

1. I've owned my M2500 for about 8 months now, and I'll tell you what...It Thumps!

2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Yep. I miss mine. Shouldn't have sold it.

3. Britbonic

Britbonic Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    I may be looking for one. Heard a guy play one last night at a jam. Sounded amazing.

4. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    Would you spend a second on how they differ from an L-2500?

5. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    +1 I don't feel like i've ever gotten a handle on that.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

It sounds like a nice alternative to a Ken Smith. I know G&L is top shelf quality too.

7. JSpradBass

JSpradBass

Mar 3, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I love my M2500, it is the best playing and sounding 5 string I've ever owned. It's a lot bang for your buck.

The M and L series are the same structurally, it's the pickups and electronics which differ. The M series features a pretty standard volume, pan, bass, middle, treble setup which operates active only (18 Volt). It lacks the active/passive option and switches found in the L series. The M series pickups are not quite as hot as the L series.

Having played a Stingray for several years the preamp was very intuitive. I can dial in Jazz/Precision/Stingray tones with ease. It's a great all around bass and it's versatility is hard to beat. The M still retains the aggressive tone of the L, but you can mellow it out. I have read where the L can be a little tough to tame. In my opinion the M solves this issue without taking anything away from the legendary G&L tone.

8. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    Nice... Thank you for clarifying.