1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who else played at a Canada Day Party?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Dave44, Jul 2, 2014.

1. I played at a Redwood Meadows bash in Alberta on hot beautiful day on a tiny stage shared with another band. Got a little sun burned but haveing a chance to play in the great outdoors is one of this cats favorite things to do in life. Even though we played an extended one set we were paid well for a little over an hour of toons, had a great sound crew supporting the bands, folks dancing even though she were a hot day and an invitation to play next year again. All in all a perfect day.

BassCliff likes this.
  2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I did - and I'm not even in Canada. We get a lot of youse down here, though, and one of my bands' guitarist's girlfriend's family (...) throws a Canada Day party every year. This was my first year going, very friendly bunch of people. I didn't know a soul there besides the guitarist and his girlfriend, but there were lots of others in the same boat and people were quick to introduce and chat - unusual for this part of the world. A number of different bands took turns (bunch of musicians and music lovers in this crowd), so we jumped in for about half a dozen tunes or so. With a different drummer, though, since ours was out of commission with an abcessed tooth.

3. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    We had a nice little 'do' at the park in the centre of town.
    We had the most people in attendance that I've seen there yet, I played with my semi-regular oldies band, had all the little kids dancing plus my wife who's a kid at heart.
    Weather was windy but nice, not too hot, and no bugs.

Hope everyone else had a pleasant day.

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    WOW! They have sun up in Canada?

Congrats on a great time playing.

Dan

5. cirrusb2002

cirrusb2002

Nov 1, 2009
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Peavey Cirrus#47, BAM & Versarray, G&L basses, Genz Benz amps
    Played 3 sets for a community east of Ottawa, where they fed & watered us, except they forgot to tell the mosquitos to not show up! Good gig, lots of appreciation, relaxed fun setting. & yes, the sun shone for the time it was supposed to........