Who else wishes Ibanez offered custom shop products?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kmrumedy, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    I know they used to have a custom shop in LA that supported endorsement artist but I think that is gone.

Ibanez has made so many great models over the years and is cranking out wonderful models now. I just wish they offered a custom shop for customers like me willing to pay for the upgrades.

My dream bass would be the original 1999 Gary Willis Bass fretted ( the GWB2 ) but with the newer pickup options and preamp offerings of the newer models currently in production.

I would pay good money for a GBW2 with 2 Nordy pickups radiused to an extended ramp and Aggy preamp. With some nicer wood tone options. But keep that neck.....ooooohhhhhh....that Willis neck!

What would you have Ibanez build for you?

2. muike

muike

Sep 13, 2016
    Rhode Island, USA
    The LA shop is still open, but is only open to a certain level of endorsee.

I imagine they could license out the designs, due to the nature of the brand. Maybe they just don't have any interest in targeting that demographic. In any case, any luthier worth their salt could build a very similar bass for you.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021