Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

who ever said delay wasn't meant for bass players?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by madthumbs, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Very cool. Thanks for posting. :)

2. that's pretty frickin cool. Hope to hear more from you. :bassist: :bassist:

3. yes...pretty cool!

4. thanks for the comments guys. I plan to record some more on the weekend and ill post it up here once im done.

5. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    That's very cool. Can't wait for more!

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Who did ever say that? I use delay all the time.

cool track btw, though, when using delay you really have to be solid with your time or else you get unforgivable timing glitches, you were mostly on, but there are a couple parts that are pretty cringe inducing. I think you should re-record it and flesh it out with some more parts.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd just like to say, the term "Flesh out" grosses me out.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I listened, there are a few cringeable moments for sure, but overall pretty good. I think it would be cool to hear some light percussion with it... preferably not programmed, but you gotta go with what you got sometimes.

9. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I liked this. I wouldn't say there were any "cringeable moments" though.
    I would definitely like to hear more from you.

10. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    Pretty cool, like the sound of it wasn’t perfect but I’m sure you new that. For me there were no envious, I mean cringe moments, good job, keep it up! :bassist:

11. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Sounded pretty cool.

Reminded me a lot of Pink Floyd's "One of These Days".

12. yeah i probably will end up re-recording it, it was one of those things that i just repeatedly kept stuffing up, but then i finally got the full track down and said, "good enough" lol.

Thanks for the comments guys

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I know what that's like, I just spent the better part of an hour trying to get this one track down, It's still kind of quirky, but I'm going to give it a rest for now and come back to it later.

14. good luck ^

15. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    sounds cool man!

16. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I would like to add that it really has that awesome new string sound... THAT I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

17. unfortunately they aren't or weren't new strings! The Enhancer effect on the Me-50b does well.

18. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    'One Of These Days'

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Everytime a bassist slaps with Delay, they get this comment. I find this song to be completely different than OOTD. This is more solo based instead of simple groove based. That's like saying all slap sounds like Sienfeld to me.