1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

???who has a NEW eden WT800???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jivetkr, May 4, 2005.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Does anyone have one of the newer WT800's that can be bridged into 4 & 8 ohms???

I really want one but I cant find them in stock.

If you have one, where did u buy it?>

2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    my buddy who works for u.s. music sez they've taken a few months off of making them (800's) to try and get the new 1205 amp out. also, bridging a wt-800 into 4 ohms gives you 1000 watts... sweet...

3. jawzzz

jawzzz Supporting Member

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I e-mailed Eden about mine because it says 1200 watts on the back of it, but it says bridge only @ 8 ohms. I am hoping that is is a new one, then selling it will much easier.

I bought it from American Musical Supply.

4. caesarbass

caesarbass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Media producer for Nordstrand Pickups, Wilkins Basses, G&L Guitars and Basses, Marco Basses, Tonecraft Audio, Lemur Music. I also run TheBassHang.com and am a dealer for Ulyate Pickups and Colibri Basses
    The older WT-800's don't do well bridged into a 4 ohm load, you're asking for trouble, they will run too hot. Eden has ok'd the usage of the older wt-800's with eden's 610 cab, which is a 6 ohm cab. The minimum impedence that the amp is rated at will be right by the banana/speakon speaker output. The 1200 watts is a voltage rating and has nothing to do with wattage or power of the amp itself.
    You can go to Eden electronics forum and there will be a bunch of info in this topic.

5. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Then I may just have to buy the 1205 if it comes out first!

I'm excited about the new amps, but I really wish these guys wouldnt publish new specs & new gear on their site when the release dates are months off & whenever I call them for a date I get a different answer.

6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  7. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I love the dual preamp config on the 1205 ... and all that good clean eden power. Sounds like a winner!

8. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  9. Are the new wt800b's available yet ?