Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

???who has a NEW eden WT800???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jivetkr, May 4, 2005.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Does anyone have one of the newer WT800's that can be bridged into 4 & 8 ohms???

I really want one but I cant find them in stock.

If you have one, where did u buy it?>

2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    my buddy who works for u.s. music sez they've taken a few months off of making them (800's) to try and get the new 1205 amp out. also, bridging a wt-800 into 4 ohms gives you 1000 watts... sweet...

3. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I e-mailed Eden about mine because it says 1200 watts on the back of it, but it says bridge only @ 8 ohms. I am hoping that is is a new one, then selling it will much easier.

I bought it from American Musical Supply.

4. The older WT-800's don't do well bridged into a 4 ohm load, you're asking for trouble, they will run too hot. Eden has ok'd the usage of the older wt-800's with eden's 610 cab, which is a 6 ohm cab. The minimum impedence that the amp is rated at will be right by the banana/speakon speaker output. The 1200 watts is a voltage rating and has nothing to do with wattage or power of the amp itself.
    You can go to Eden electronics forum and there will be a bunch of info in this topic.

5. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Then I may just have to buy the 1205 if it comes out first!

I'm excited about the new amps, but I really wish these guys wouldnt publish new specs & new gear on their site when the release dates are months off & whenever I call them for a date I get a different answer.

6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I love the dual preamp config on the 1205 ... and all that good clean eden power. Sounds like a winner!

8. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  9. Are the new wt800b's available yet ?