Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who has highest power handling in a 15 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumzini, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Like the title says....

Manufacturer, price, ohm....I guess I'm just going for adolescent pantleg blowing air pushing power handling...childish I know.

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Highest I've seen is the Eden XLT 8 ohms, 400 watts. It is very very loud when driven hard :eek:

3. I've got an older Yorkville 1x15 cab that I put an Eminence Kappa Pro 600 watt 8 ohm in.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The Bergantino HT115 is rated for 400 watts (8 ohms), and is the most impressive 1x15 I have heard.

I also have some custom 1x15 subs from Jim Bergantino, which use the HT322 box and are loaded with Eminence Omega Pro 15" drivers (rated at 800 watts). While this is pretty crazy high, the Eminence Kilomax 15 is rated for 1,250 watts!

5. i know this is going to sound really obnoxious, but it seems that 12s are replacing thje 1x15 setup method

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

Yeah I've seen quite a few threads about that myself...currently I have a 212, but just really want to know what a 15 would sound like in my rig...I have a QSC RMX 850 at my disposal...and I'm wondering what I could get to go with it.

7. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

eeeeEEEYEEEAAHHH...now that's what I'm talking about!!! What is the price for that kind of fun, Tom???

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Sonically, and viscerally, though a 15 does things that a 12 does not do - at least none that I have heard, and I've heard a ton of them. That said, for many people, a 1x12 may be a better option. I am certainly quite fond of many 12" equipped cabs. But, a quality 15 can be quite addicting! The Bergie HT115 makes me giggle like a school girl whenever I thump through it! :D

9. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    It looks like they sell for around $300. Don may be able to get you a better price, as he is a "bulk" buyer. ;)

10. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I was going to make a thread, but i'l ask in here.

What are some 4ohm 15" cabs? I want to run a 2x15 + 10 + 2x6 rig but the Mesa 1516 is a 4 ohm cab and I don't really want to run 2.6.. Well, i don't mind, but i'd rather run 2ohm flat.