Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who has Lakland????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Sep 23, 2002.

1. I finally got to play a USA Lakland Saturday. I live in WV and had to drive to Pittsburgh to find one. They had a USA 55-94 in the natural maple. I took my trusty SR5 along just to make sure that my ears weren't playing tricks on me. Got directions off the internet and away we went. If you've ever tried to navigate through Pittsburgh you will know what it is like, little bergs everywhere and a lot of constrution. Well we finally got there and I played the bass. I liked everything about the bass with the acception of the finish. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful bass, I just don't care for that "coffee table" look of natural wood. (jmho). Who has the largest selection of these basses, where do you folks buy your Laklands?

2. I have a US 55-94. Bought it used off eBay.

3. Best place to buy a Lakland is Bass Central
    www.basscentral.com, see Gard he will hook you up.

John

4. I have two D55-94s- fretted and fretless. I bought the fretless right here in the TalkBass classifieds and the other from The Lowend. I'm very happy with both.

If you don't like the maple top on the deluxe 55-94, but are still interested in one, I would suggest either the classic or standard. Both have painted tops.

5. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    I got mine used off www.bassgear.com for $1,800 and it was well worth the $$$.

ITT

6. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I got mine here in Iceland.....I'd say go to Iceland to buy a USA Lakland hehe;)

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...someone call me???

;)

GreyBeard, give me a shout (well, call, PM, e-mail..) if you are interested in getting a Lakland, I can definitely help you out! (Thanks for the nod, Rumblejohn! :D)

Bassin', actually, the painted Lakies are Classics, the Standards are transparent finishes over ash - you can still see the grain of the wood through them. And for the record, the fancy maple topped ones are called Deluxes.

8. Oops, my bad.:) That's what I get for posting so early.

My point was the Standards don't have the highly figured maple tops that the Deluxe models have. I just included bad information with that point.
    :p

9. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I bought my 55-94 Deluxe from Gard and Bass Central. Give them all of your business - you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!

Robert

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...the check is in the mail, Robert!

;)

Hey, sorry we missed each other when I was up your way...found any good sushi places yet???

11. Scott Green

Scott Green

Sep 16, 2001
    I got mine at Bass Place in Az, but Bass Central looks like they have quite a good selection and reputation. I have two and don't regret it one bit. They are awesome, and the guys at Lakland are very nice guys. Good luck.

12. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

BassCentral is the place. Everyone there is cool.

Rob

13. QUSP

QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    I got my 55-02 from Bass Central and my used 55-94 for $1800 at Guitar Center in El Cerrito, CA. I would say go through Bass Central. They have the best customer service and will give you the best deal possible. I also just recently bought my Eden Navigator preamp with WT-1000 power amp from Bass Central. This thing KILLS!

14. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Check this Lakland out, by far the most beautiful Lakland I've ever seen:D

15. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    That's a Lakland???!!!!:eek:

Holy Smokes!!!!!!

Where is that pic from, and is someone trying to sell that bass? Please let us know!

Robert

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hey...glad that the Navigator/WT-1000 made it ok, and sorry for the shipping slip...

...mea culpa, it was my mistake!!! :eek:

Glad you're happy with us though!!! :D

17. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    www.thelowend.net
    the picture gallery:cool:
    I think it's not for sale though:(

18. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I got my 55-94 from Steve Barr at Vintage Bass Trading Company. Mine is a great bass and Steve is wonderful to deal with.

Chuck

19. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I just emailed the guy from the lowend about the bass to see if he had any more info on it. I will let you know if he writes back.

Robert

20. QUSP

QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    No prob Gard. By the way, what kinda deal can I get on that MTD 635 thats on your website? Its the one right before the red MTD635.