Who has more skill? Clapton, or Hendrix?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Dec 8, 2002.

1. I'm not too sure myself right now. But sometimes I feel Clapton doesn't get enough respect for his talent, and many people argue that he may have been better than Hendrix. What do you think? I know Hendrix had the image, but try and look past that.:)
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Your question is confusing.

In your headline you ask about skill, then about talent. Those are not necessarily the same thing.
  3. Whoops! Pardon me. How about just
    "Techinical skill"? Forget talent.
    There, is that right?
  4. hendrix had a whole helluva lot more than just image. clapton has some great talent but i'm not sure if he has the creativity to come up with the kind of songs that hendrix created.

both of them could play blues damn well but to me hendrix had more than clapton did in practically every respect.
  5. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    *shudders at sound of beaten horse*
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Yeah, what's the use of "who is better than who"?

I don't like the idea of music as a contest.

7. Maybe.....but your username is "Voodochile". Hmmmm...

I just kidding dude.:D :)

8. Am I the only one who finds pure pleasure, at finding out what other people's opinions are? Who cares why, it's just fun man!:p :)
  9. clapton has more talent. hendrix can't even play guitar anymore. y'know, since he's dead.
  10. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    ho - hum.

eenie meenie minee idontcare
  11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Having seen Clapton live two summers ago, I would say that Clapton is without a doubt...totally awesome. that man plays the blues like he was taking a breath.
  12. ho - hum

eenie meenie minee thendon'tpost
  13. i'm sorry, terry, but the correct annoying question is hendrix vs. stevie ray vaughan. better luck on your next thread d00d.
  14. If you don't like it, don't post. It's that simple. Have a nice day, d00d.
  15. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    nice attitude.... :rolleyes: can't wait to see more posts from you...

16. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    I care for Terrys threads, they explode. Good to watch. I just dont care for the subject matter.

If you dont like my posts, then dont read them...or at worst attempt to spoof them.
  17. also nice attitude :rolleyes:
  18. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Just rack it up one more notch so the mods get a reason to delete it.

Come on guys, you can do it.

19. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

Maybe they will just close it, so no one losses a post count...

20. B.B. King

I agree that Stevie Ray vs. Hendrix is a better query, but I say that B.B. will always win b/c of his soul.