Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

who has played with any rock bands??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JoeStaind, Aug 30, 2000.

1. JoeStaind

JoeStaind

Aug 28, 2000
    I have played with Staind. Korn, PM5K, Sevendust, Deftones, to name a few

2. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I assume you mean - opened a show for....

Rush
    John Cougar
    Earl Slick Band
    Molly Hatchet
    Savoy Brown
    Ian Gillan Band

3. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Gillan????? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We opened up for some smaller bands like Walt Mink, Sugar Smack, Fighting Gravity, Bim Skala Bim and House of Pain. I was a drummer back then.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    no, i think he is meaning he has played with these bands - that's what it says in his profile.

wow, joe, that's pretty cool. got any pics?

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ooops, then the closest I got was playing Nicko's drums with him standing beside me.

6. Eric M

Eric M

Aug 26, 2000
    I've opened up for Steve Morse, Nitty Gritty Dirt band, The Bo-Deans, and Cheap Trick.

I played in the backup band for Chubby Checker once (once = literally, one single gig as a sub).

7. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Never played with anyone famous, but I have opened up for Grim Reaper and Talas, back in the mid "80's". My guitar player used to play with Robbie Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls way back then. They still keep in touch now and then.

8. :D

We played a show with Spock's Beard (Spock's who whaa?):( Nick DeVirgilio used our drums and Dave Meros used my rig.

I'll never wash my amp again!

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    p-u. stinky :D

10. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, Joe. Let's see some pics; tell us more....

11. Does it have to be rock bands?

I've worked with Ray Charles, Paul Stanley (when he was playing Phantom of the Opera in Toronto), Pavorotti, Placido Domingo, Marvin Hamlisch, Dudley Moore (he played Rhapsody in Blue), Rita MacNeil and Rik Emmett (Triumph).

Of course, in all of these cases, I was playing double bass in an orchestral setting.

12. kuamer

kuamer

Aug 28, 2000
    I've opened for Days of the New...Finger 11 ...Touch...Disturbed...Supafuzz... and Kid Rock (although i never tell anybody that)...plus others...

13. Joe Staind? I recognize that name. Didn't you play the SKINFLUTE with the London Philharmonic! Great Player! Multitalented, too. I addition he also plays the ORGAN and is frequently seen WHACKING on drums in L.A sessions. His true love is the one string bass, though.
    After a gig I have heard he likes to relax and enjoy a nice, juicy TUBESTEAK with a friend. Man, I am honored he is on this forum. What a guy!

14. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I think Joe means he played "along with" those bands. He put the cds on and then played along with the cds. Those bands are all tightly knit performing groups. I doubt they would have him sit in on live gigs. and if he was a studio musician he would have said he played "for" the groups.

15. One of my old bands opened for a Canadian rock band called Moxy Fruvous.. they were really unique and cool. BP did a short article on their bass player a few years ago.

16. [​IMG]

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    STINGRAY! dude! where'd you get that graphic? very cool!!!

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think joe staind might be an alias for mr2112. remember, he was saying that he was on tour right now- maybe he's touring with Korn.

19. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA

What the hell was that about????
    Oh well I gad a good laughf.

20. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA

[​IMG]

I have stolen your graphic. ha ha ha