1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who has press kits?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by DwaynieAD, Aug 8, 2012.

1. DoggBisket

DoggBisket

May 3, 2009
    Minnesota
    Nice looking. I was viewing it on an ancient 17" Dell monitor and the fonts were too small for this geezer to be able to read. If I knew nothing about your band I would have been overwhemed by the amount of text being thrown at me on those two pages. Bios the story are all great but if I were looking to hire a band if I didn't read or see a solid reason why I should hire your band in the first paragraph then I might move on. But that's just me. Just like when I listen to indie music. If the intro is too long, I check out and move on to another song or band. That is the nature of the internet. A person might spend more time with the print version because in that case something else isn't as simple as a click away.

Kudos on putting links to videos, music, and most importantly your website. That is where the details are. If your press kit can get fans and potential gigs to your website, that my friend is when they are somewhat invested and will read the bios etc.

2. thanks for taking the time to look. I will pass on what you said to our designer. one good thing about it being digital is changes are quicker and less costly.

3. DoggBisket

DoggBisket

May 3, 2009
    Minnesota
    Your welcome. For a print thing, it is great, but print doesn't translate well sometimes to the short attention span internet. Like I said for me personally if something doesn't get to the point rather quickly I don't go deeper, I move on.

Just like a CD version of a song doesn't translate to the internet. If a person plays a physical CD, or download they are more invested and likely to stay tuned in. CD version can have long intros because the listener will probably not check out. Internet versions should have short intros and get to the vocals ASAP, or I move on when it comes to streaming music I havn't heard before.