Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who Has Traded In - Bought Back?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeYello, May 19, 2003.

1. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    I was wondering how many of you out there have traded in a bass only to buy it back later? I traded in a MM Sterling about 2 months ago. Last Thursday I went to the store and it was hanging along with the other MM's. I went back Friday and brought it home. I played it all weekend. I guess I really missed it. I have another Sterling, but I had to have that one back. I feel complete now. It cost me over $100 to bring it back home. I have better basses than the Sterling, but I needed THAT one.

Joe

2. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Do you repeatedly borrow the same book from the library?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I did once. I sold GC an old Warwick for $950, and about a year later, they had it on "clearance" for $700.00, so I bought it.

4. I did with my Ritter. But eventually I said goodbye for good.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    A trans green G&L L-5500. I sold it to Sam Ash Brooklyn when I was Guitar Dept Manager & gave my self a nice lump for it. :) I sold it & got commission for selling it. About a year later, I walk in the Sam Ash in NYC & I say, wow, looks like my old bass, look @ the Serial # (B000099) & It was. I got it for less that I originally sold it to my Sam Ash for. :)

Also a Ric 4003 in Burgandy but the story is boring. :)

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    No, but I do like to watch movies more than once. :)