1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who Has Traded In - Bought Back?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeYello, May 19, 2003.

1. JoeYello

JoeYello

Sep 18, 2002
    New Jersey
    I was wondering how many of you out there have traded in a bass only to buy it back later? I traded in a MM Sterling about 2 months ago. Last Thursday I went to the store and it was hanging along with the other MM's. I went back Friday and brought it home. I played it all weekend. I guess I really missed it. I have another Sterling, but I had to have that one back. I feel complete now. It cost me over $100 to bring it back home. I have better basses than the Sterling, but I needed THAT one.

Joe

2. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Do you repeatedly borrow the same book from the library?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I did once. I sold GC an old Warwick for $950, and about a year later, they had it on "clearance" for $700.00, so I bought it.

4. I did with my Ritter. But eventually I said goodbye for good.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    A trans green G&L L-5500. I sold it to Sam Ash Brooklyn when I was Guitar Dept Manager & gave my self a nice lump for it. :) I sold it & got commission for selling it. About a year later, I walk in the Sam Ash in NYC & I say, wow, looks like my old bass, look @ the Serial # (B000099) & It was. I got it for less that I originally sold it to my Sam Ash for. :)

Also a Ric 4003 in Burgandy but the story is boring. :)

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    No, but I do like to watch movies more than once. :)