Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who here has been lucky enough to play/own a Peavey B Quad?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gamorrah-Bass, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Gamorrah-Bass

Gamorrah-Bass

Apr 5, 2005
    I have heard millions of stories about them, and I was just wondering who all has ever played Brian Bromberg's basses?

It's no preference to my personal tastes, I am a Fender man myself, I was just wondering who all has had experience with them.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I used to own one. It was a 4 string fretless with a clear finish.

Nice weight and balance. I once strung it with Nylon flatwounds and got some interesting sounds. I can't seem to recall anything remarkable about it. I never used the Stereo panning feature. My only design complaint is that the lower horn on the bass would jab my leg in the sitting position.

I sold it to a friend who then sold it on. I guess I'd have kept it if it were a B-Quad 5, which is what I'd love to pick up one day. Still, My Zon keeps me very happy, so I don't miss the Peavey much.

Dean has come out with a Brian Bromberg model, which reproduces a lot of the B-Quad's features, minus the Graphite neck. I wouldn't mind checking one of those out either.