1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who here has been lucky enough to play/own a Peavey B Quad?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gamorrah-Bass, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Gamorrah-Bass

Gamorrah-Bass

Apr 5, 2005
    I have heard millions of stories about them, and I was just wondering who all has ever played Brian Bromberg's basses?

It's no preference to my personal tastes, I am a Fender man myself, I was just wondering who all has had experience with them.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I used to own one. It was a 4 string fretless with a clear finish.

Nice weight and balance. I once strung it with Nylon flatwounds and got some interesting sounds. I can't seem to recall anything remarkable about it. I never used the Stereo panning feature. My only design complaint is that the lower horn on the bass would jab my leg in the sitting position.

I sold it to a friend who then sold it on. I guess I'd have kept it if it were a B-Quad 5, which is what I'd love to pick up one day. Still, My Zon keeps me very happy, so I don't miss the Peavey much.

Dean has come out with a Brian Bromberg model, which reproduces a lot of the B-Quad's features, minus the Graphite neck. I wouldn't mind checking one of those out either.