1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who here has had lyme disease?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Some two weeks ago I was having a crappy day at work, tired, grumpy overall not feeling good. So I decide to leave like half an hour early. On the ride home I start getting really light headed and get a little tunnel vision followed by pressure in my temples sinus and my ears starting ringing.

Well, since I was on the highway driving home I bugged out a bit, got home and had a 2 hour anxiety attack. Since then I have been very sluggish and light headed and have had a couple more anxiety attacks, non in the past week though. So I go to my doctor and he tells me to go to the ER, so I do. I spend 6 hours in there being poked, prodded X-Rayed MRI'd, blood work, yadda yadda. Well at the time a sinus or ear infection would have made sence for my symptoms but everything came back A-OK. Well, I have Marfan's syndrome so they checked the ticker to make sure nothing was wrong with that, came back fine, I'm in good physical condition.

Well I go to work the next day and feel really tired, s*****, dizzy and just out of it. I use the doctors note to get 3 days offa work. Chilax and not do anything yet everyday it seems to be the same thing. fatigue, achy, malaise, etc.

Well I get back in touch with my doctor and it seems that it links up with the anxiety attacks, you default fallback of illness if you're ok I guess. So I have been chillin not doing much of anything still same stuff. I go to a counsler and he goes over the general symptoms of anxiety that seem to fit my condition, he recommends learning to deal with anxiety which I have been, I feel bad I just kind of roll with it. Which really is what caused the first attacks, just not knowing why I was nearly blacking out for no reason...

Anywho since I still feel bad to this day my mum brings up that my doctor said my symptoms could be related to lyme disease, and I got a printup from a site... http://ocean-beach.com/_tick/tick_lymesymp.htm
    So I'm looking at these symptoms and I have at least 85% of them.

Anyone else think its lyme disease? Keep in mind infection must have been at least 2.5 weeks ago.

2. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i dont' know much about it, but i'd go back to the doctor and mention it to him

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I went to college in Old Lyme (the town it's named after) and lots of folks got it there. My wife has/had Lyme disease. It can get really bad if it's not treated quickly enough. My wife wasn't treated quickly enough and the medication did not work well for a while- she had to keep an IV in her arm for a month for daily meds. She still has neurological damage from it.

4. Cool. Thats good news...

Well, my doctor did bring it up so I'm getting blood work done hopefully tomorrow. Apparently its a hard thing to diagnose so hopefully my condition doesn't worsen in the unknown time.

Do you build an immunity after you have it and then get better? Cause if so that'd be pretty cool.

5. I've had/got it :meh:

I got bit one day by 3 deer ticks... within 6 hours all 3 sites had the typical ringed rash around them. The wounds themselves turned black. I was on over a month of antibiotics... That was a year ago, the last week or 2 the fatigue, muscle cramps and and joint pains are back :(

I have an appointment for a week from tomorrow to be retested.

6. Bummer dude.

This does not bode too well for me. But if the tests come back 100% neg, I'm gonna go ape****. I just want to be healthy again. Thats not asking too much is it?

7. also, I got bit on Saturday, started treatment on Monday.

I picked them up outside Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson NJ (next town over from me)

8. BellBottomBlues

BellBottomBlues

Feb 21, 2007
    New York
    Endorser:Fender User:Rotosound, LaBella, Ashdown, Lindy Fralin
    Have you ever been bitten by a tick?

9. Okay, turns out I have tested negative for it.

But what the ****? I've been in crapville for nearly 3 weeks now. And I have pink eye as of yesterday.

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I've had Lyme, it sucks.
    You tested negative?
    Hmmm..how about "Mono"? Mono's a lot of fun too.

11. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Yeah stupid deer ticks they're everywhere in New Jersey. Especially if you lived in the somewhat rural (well as far as rural goes in NJ) areas like when I lived in Howell.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Have you been tested for MS (Multiple Schlerosis) not sure I spelt it right? Sounds harsh and by no means am I a doctor but MS is kind of a catch-all diagnosis for a lot of seemingly unrelated symptoms. Found this out because a good buddy of mine went through something similar. It turned out he had an inner ear infection. But he was freaked that he might have MS.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021