Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who here is the Nordstrand Contact?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DaveCustomMade, Mar 31, 2005.

1. I was wondering who on here is the Nordstrand contact, or rather a talkbass member that works for Nordstrand.

Reason why I ask is that I sent an email with a question about a certain look for a 6 string that I'm looking for, and they are one of the luthiers I'm considering.

If your a Nordstrand person, my email name is orion_vtol.

Thanks!

2. In those times, I heard that Carey Nordstrand is more than busy with his pickups business, that become crazy and exceeds all his expectations.
    So perhaps theses times, he put aside bass (doing 2 a month!)
    And concentrate on pickups, for the moment!!

http://www.nordstrandguitars.com/new.htm
    Read that!

Vince

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Indeed! :smug: Thanks SMASH. DaveCustomMade....I think that I was who you had talked to concerning having a custom built. If you contacted Carey directly, it might take a few days for him to get back to you (that's why I'm here! ;) ) He's extremely busy with the pickup business right now and is in the process of trying to get a few basses finished of so that he can get started on the next batch. Give me a call and/or shoot me an e-mail and I would be more than happy to answer your questions about a Nordstrand 6-string.

5. I'm dealing with Carey right now on some custom pickups and he's very busy. That said, he does get back to me and I must say that this being only my first dealing with him, I am already very impressed. He seems very easy going and pleasant to work with.

6. JPJ, I have sent you an email of what I'm looking for. Thank you! :)

I'm just after a certain look. Sound wise, I hear that Nordstrand basses, with the dual coil, are some of the best sounding basses out there.

But I have been in contact with a couple other luthiers as well, and am even toying with the idea of just doing another Warmoth Gecko bass, using Bart pickups and preamps. That route would save me about a grand, but going the luthier route would insure me a better bass, and one that is put together with certainty.

The main thing is that if I'm going to be spending a good amount of money, I'd better get what I'm really wanting.

7. Not sure if this picture will show up correctly or not, but here's the look I'm after. Roughly:

[​IMG]

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You guys need to leave Carey alone. He can't be bothered with some silly request to make a bass. He needs to be left alone so he can focus his attention on getting the new NJ4SV pickups done.

:D

-Mike

9. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Well I want one in like 5-7 years. :) Should I contact him now, or...? ;)