Who here owns the bass stand that looks like a little man holding the bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by XavierG, May 15, 2002.

1. I can't remember who it was that posted pics of what I believe was a converted golf-bag stand. I can't seem to find it doing a search. If you're still here, and still have those pics, can you post them again please? I want to build a similar one for my daughter.

Thanks much!

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
  3. You're so sweet. Thanks Chas. Honestly, I spent 5 minutes searching for "bass stand" and "stand" until I gave up. I figured someone nice like you would come around and lend a hand ;). Send me the bill ....... I'll add it on to my "ignore" stack.

Thanks again!
  4. Oh good lord!

Someone has way too much time on their hands!

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Kinda looks like Phil Collons. LOL
  6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Again -- Angus Young.

7. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    HA HA thats great and speaking of funny/unusual stands/cases etc, there was a very famous 5 string banjo player (cant for the life of me remember his name) whos banjo case was made up to look like a coffin with all the trimmings and everything...the funniest thing I'd seen in ages.
  8. Actually, you can get those coffin cases for guitars and basses. You can get them in hard shell and gigbag style. They come custom fit for BC Rich Warlocks. they've get em at MF, but they have their own site, too. I'm too lazy to look it up. Probably coffincases.com.
  9. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Excellent, gotta get me one of them.
  10. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    i saw in some recent guitar rag where this dude in a european rockabilly band made his own upright bass out of a child sized coffin, that would be interesting.
  11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin