Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who here uses Behringer pedals, and what combination do you use?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Do any of you use Behringer pedals? Which ones, and in what combination?

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I own a bunch of the pedals. The ones I have been using at gigs are the Bass OD, Bass Chorus and the Ultra Flanger.

There are sound samples of these in the megathread (recorded direct, they sound better live)

I have the Ultra Ocavter, i'm not enamored with it so far, but i have not tried it through my rig, only through a headphone amp.

I also have the HellBabe Wah, but have not tried it on bass, my guitarist loves it though.

Next on the get list is the Vintage Phaser...in fact i'm gonna go buy it now...

3. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I own the bass OD, bass chorus, bass EQ and the Hellbabe. For AU$40 a piece, I figured what the hell. I love all of them. The Hellbabe actually works quite well with the bass as long as you adjust the frequency range. The OD and chorus do their job well, as does the EQ.

I tried the bass limiter/enhancer, and it is really, really noisey. It was nice and quiet when I tried it in the shop on a 4x10/2x10 rig, but on my combo at home where I had the volume a little higher, it buzzed like mad.

The pedals are plastic, not metal, but I think they'll hold up well as long as you don't jump on them. I plan to get the vintage phaser and maybe the octave pedal and ultra flanger in the near future.

4. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    ive played a gig with another band and ther bassist had the bass chorus, only pedal he used. It wasnt noisy at all, but i cudnt really tell when he had it on, but they wer playing rather heavy music so his bass didnt stand out a lot. He recommended me getting one though, he said he likes his.

5. d-basser

d-basser

Nov 20, 2005
    got the Bass chorus, v.good for the price, only got it cos i am poor, I'll upgrade at some point

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Do you guys ever feel like you're going to stomp right through the pedals?

7. I've had some pretty tough stuff but even with the tough stuff I'm pretty easy on it. I'm sure I'll be able to use this plastic stuff and not break it.

8. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I find that, since the Behrigner pedals don't have one of those big "ca-chunk" type switches (like my bassballs does) that you don't have to step on them hard to activate them. just a little tap is all it takes.

the switch itself is a small circuit board mounted unit and is activated what appears to be a fairly firm/stiff piece of foam rubber that is attached to the bottom of the pedal piece.

Oh, also i was checking out this used Boss OC2 that i picked up from a pawn shop and guess what...the pedal (part you step on) is plastic. The rest of the chassis is metal but the piece that will get the most wear and tear is plastic.

9. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Not really. I'd say they'd be OK unless you tried to stand on them. Not as sturdy as a metal pedal, but they aren't too bad.

10. earthtones

earthtones

Jan 16, 2006
    Gem Alberta
    ive got the bass chorus pedal and im lovin it. i do wish it was built a bit heavyer but oh well im pretty easy on my gear.

11. d-basser

d-basser

Nov 20, 2005
    love that EHX 'CA-CHUNK'

12. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1

13. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I worked with the BEQ700 EQ for the first time last night.

Excellent EQ. It's staying.

Pros: quiet, does what it's supposed to, really helped.

Cons: this is the first time I would agree with people making comments about Behringer stuff being fragile. While I still say the BDI is rugged enough, this pedal definitely requires that you don't stomp it. The plastic feels pretty thin.
    [But, this is not an issue for me, since I don't pound my pedals. I actually keep them off the floor on a music stand.]

A good deal for sure.

14. I got me an UT-100 (Tremolo) and a UP-100 (Phaser).
    The tremolo is strong and sounds quite nice i've got some nice sounds out of it.
    The phaser is ok but not as nice as the Boss PH-3 in phasing options, or in the depth of each phase.
    Can't really go wrong for £30 delivered for both..
    I personally feel quite comfortable stomping/standing on the pedals, but I tend to get aggressive with pedals when I play live, theyve survived so far, only time will tell how they will hold up...
    I think i'm going to invest in a delay when it comes out for a little circuit bending project... :ninja:

15. Just got the Vintage Distortion a couple days ago. I haven't spent much time with it yet, but from what I've listened to so far, I'm really impressed with this $29 pedal. If I'm really stoked after a little more time with it, I'm gonna rush back to the store to get the Vintage Phaser & give that a whack. I think they should put out a whole lineup of "Vintage" pedals. I'm still waiting to try that tuner pedal. If it can handle the low B pretty well, I'll have a reason to sell my TU-2.

16. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Has anyone tried the TU100 Tuner?

17. It hasn't been released yet, but it sure looks good, huh?

18. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Re: Behringer TU100 tuner pedal:
    Anybody know when it might hit the streets?
    If it's another $29er, I going to have to get it. :)
    My tuning situation these days at gigs is a pain.

19. It's actually going to be $20. I've seen it for presale at a number of online stores.

20. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    well I had 1000 dollars to spend on music equipment. I bought a warwick gigboard, 6 6inch cables, a 1spot, a Jekyll & Hyde, a Weeping Demon, a behringer eq...and the best of them all... A POG! (should be here sometime this week) Now all I need is a a/b/y box (thinking of getting the ART...since its small and cheap yet should still be good...any opinions?) and a pedal tuner. So Im concidering either the behringer (when does it come out?) or the Fender PT100.