1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who here uses windowblinds and what skin are you using?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Apr 25, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    For those of you who don't know, windowblinds is a free/not free (premium is better, but they don't push for premium everytime you turn on the computer) program that full skins you computer to countless things. Way better than the dull blue and green start menu. I can't figure out how to say this without it seeming like advertising, so I won't say it. I'll just give you the link, and you can click on it if you want. http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29770784/

Ok, I'm using a skin called Novum. It blends really well with just about everything. My only complaint is that the start button rises out of the trey a little bit, so when I move my mouse over a suspicious link, I can't tell where it goes to. Other then that its a great skin. What do you guys use?

2. well, im about to start....any downsides to it?

3. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Not really. Unless you have a little bit of OCD like me. Then you'll spend hours finding that perfect skin. The surprising thing is that it actually speeds up your computer in some cases. You have to have a pitch black theme (and i mean JET black) for it to slow down. Its really cool.

4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Sounds cool.

5. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    in my experience windows blinds is a ram hog.

6. did you buy it? it sais i only have 60 days of free trial

7. Jazzin'

So far, it's good. If I don;t like it, I'll just switch back.

8. ditto

9. I use it, and use the silvery colour styles. I've used it for months but never bought it, just once a day or so a thing will pop up asking if you would like to buy it and you just click no.

10. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    I don't use it - I found it to be a RAM guzzler when I tried it a year or two ago. I just used a patched uxtheme.dll now.

11. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

+1

12. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i use it. and i notice my computer slowing down too...now after reading some of these posts perhaps i'll swtich out

but the black looks so cool

-jimbo

13. Jazzin'

It looks really cool, but I stopped using it. I has a stupid message that pops up to tell me to buy it too often, and my computer is slower.

14. I have it, use the photon skin, which I use for winamp and rainlendar too.

It slows down the startup a lot, but I have a 1gb Ram so even it takes quite some ram, I don't really mind, once it's loaded it doesn't bother me, and I like the looks way better than standard XP

15. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    +1 on that man. Amen.