Who Here Wants To RUMBLE! Fender Custom Shop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 99Z3, Jul 2, 2016.

1. 20160702_162616.jpg
    The Original Custom Shop Rumble Bass 300 amp, this one is a 1997 amp, don't know about the cabs yet. I will be emailing Fender either later tonight or on Monday.. about the cabs.. I will be asking about how my sets were made and what not..

2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    :woot: WOOT! :woot: :cool: Rumble On! :cool: :hyper: :bassist: drool

99Z3 likes this.
  3. Nothing like a lil bit of Fender Custom Shop amp and cab goodness.. this is the first full set I have ever seen! As it was meant to be!

jack7265 likes this.
  4. This I didn't know.. but more knowledge is awesome!!

so tuff, RedVee and Linnin like this.
  5. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I also believe that Bruce Zinky was the design genius of the much vaunted and highly regarded Fender Studio Bass Amp.

99Z3 likes this.
  6. Here is another pic of the amp!
    20160702_161350.jpg

Down_Low, svtb15, rodl2005 and 2 others like this.
  7. Well my first email to Fender has already been responded to.. and I should hear more by Tuesday. Upon which then I will send them some more pics..

MCF and Linnin like this.
  8. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Congratulations, @99Z3! That's an awesome rig. Obviously, the precursor to the Super Bassman!

99Z3 likes this.
  9. Thank you G-Dog.. yes.. that is my impression when I look at it! I have the SB300 and the SVT-CL (which is for sale)
    It has the original tubes in it (Fender branded) and I will be keeping those when I retube it.

RedVee and G-Dog like this.
  10. Just found this lil tid bit, but I am not sure that the build years are totally correct, it is my understanding that it is 1995-1997.
    Fender Rumble Bass | Ampwares

11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That site contains a lot of misinformation, so I wouldn't trust their dates. FMIC will give you the true story on Tuesday. Then we'll all know for sure. ;)

99Z3 likes this.
  12. Yes,

I noticed that a few things that might be wrong, but I also feel that folks should know first hand whom does or does not provide quality information!
    Like here on TB, I am always trying to find the quality stuff from other members.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  13. Have played one of these many times. Beautiful amp. Made any bass sound good.

99Z3 likes this.
  14. Ok.. pulled one of the "Sub" cabs speakers out. Oh.. didn't mention that to you all before.. Yes, the top cab is a full range cab with a horn with a three position switch (Off, Norm, Bright) and the bottom cab is a 410 sub cab.

Ok.. back the sub cab.. so I pulled one of the speakers.

20160703_054351.jpg

And the only writing I saw was on the back of the paper its self.. which was

451044 12
    43?
    I could not make out exactly what that last mark was.
    20160703_054634.jpg

15. From what I have been digging about on with this amp and cabs, that it appears that quite a few of them made it overseas!

16. Did you happen to have the cabs with the amp back then when you used it?

17. Hey mate, didn't actually own it. A local guitar shop had one which I used to frequent a lot, was there for ages and the only bass amp they had to try effects and basses on. It was always too expensive for my amp budget. Around $3500 AUD.

It had the 410 cabinet.

99Z3 likes this.
  18. I am going to presume then that it was the full range speaker cab that was with it then.

19. Also, these are sealed cabs. The Sub cab is rated at 600 watts.

20. Ok.. the other speaker cab (full range)
    20160703_061318.jpg
    This speaker had a sticker on the side of the magnet.

20160703_061540.jpg
    But the speaker its self had this on it.
    20160703_062233.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021