Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who invented Talkbass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassplayingdan, Mar 8, 2003.

1. I would like to meet this guy. He must be a genius.

2. Look for Paul, the admin, he's the genius behind the boards.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Paul

The Alpha and the Omega

4. Invented? I thought it was discovered.

Paul was the first one to tame its virgin resources and devote them to the metropolis that is this site.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ya I was kinda wondering myself- I looked at the Supporting member listings awhiel ago and noticed that there are members that joined before Paul is registered as joining. What's the deal with that??

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I thought Thomas Edison invented it.

brad cook

7. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    The Germans!! They invented pretty much everything else we use, so, yea. The Germans! :cool:

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Andrew W. K.

9. If I remember rightly, Paul Determan had a Talkbass board going before this one. I belonged to it, and I seem to recollect he shut it down because of flame wars and abusive attitudes. I remember Jim Ferguson used to frequent it, cant remember any others.......

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it was never shut down - it got too big for the bulleltin board software that he was using, so he moved over to the ubb board and started over.

besides, there were never flame wars around here in the beginning - shoot, for the first few months there were no mods here except for javy helping with basses. it took almost a full year for every forum to get at least one mod.

marty it sounds to me like you are confusing this with the old lakland board. remember that fiasco? :rolleyes: :)

11. I'm easily confused.....I asked for more medication, but they said I'm on maximum dosage now......

12. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, Determan(n) is a German name :p

13. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Al Gore.

Pkr2

14. Wha........??

Right, I'm off to search the user listings.

Right, the last ("first" by date", (here) ) page of the users starts with user #6.

But I can't find anywhere that goes below that.

(actually, I didn't look, but "whatever!")

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well it is possible Paul made his "paul" account after some people had already joined, I noticed that there are many "testxxxx" accounts lying around, those probably came first.

16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    He invented the WHOLE internet :cool: