1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who is a lead Singer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigunslinger, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Do u sing lead if you have a band?

2. Well I do lead vocals in a band, but i also play guitar in that one! :eek: :cool:

3. Traveler

Traveler

Jun 26, 2001
    Greenwood, AR.
    I used to do lead vocals, until I realized I sucked. Now I do backup.

4. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If you ever need a Barry White sytle singer. I'm your guy. I don't do lead vocals because I sing too low :( Oh well at least I don't have to wear tight leather pants :) ;)

5. thre's nothing wrong with singing too low because I do and I'm Lead Singer n my band called Second Blur you can E-Mail us at secondblur@musician.net

6. I sing lead. I don't have a voice that can carry a band, but i'm good for a "relief" singer for a few songs a set/show. I have great meter and a strong delivery, and i know how to "sell" a song. Believe me, a little "cheese" goes a long ways with a crowd. Singing with confidence is one of the most important, yet difficult, things to do. I think if everyone had the same confidence they had with their "shower" voice that they had into a microphone that singing would be alot easier. I need to use the cheese cuz i have good range both high and low, but just not a great singing voice. I can sing some harmony good if i hear a part, usually the 3rd, but i suck at some parts. I'm not a good natural harmony singer, but i pick my spots and know when to back off it. Trent

7. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Primarily backup vocals. Though, on a couple of songs my old band did, I gave the bass to our rhythem guitarist, and went whole hog on the vocals for about two songs....I have to sing low, about an octave and a half lower than I speak, because otherwise, I can't controll my voice as well, and I end up sounding thin, and not unlike one of the Rescue Rangers...Dale mostly :D
    I sorta end up sounding like a cross between Burton C. Bell of FF (when he busts out that barritone singin voice, and not his growl) and Serj Tankian of System of A Down...So, like any other rock/metal singer I guess...really can't sing and play at the same time though...

8. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've done harmony vocals for my last band & sang a duet sorta lead on Outside w/the lead guitarist. The crowd liked it but once kyle [lead guitarist] came in for the main chorus i drop down to a lower pitch cause i honestly can sing high. thats all

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    yep i sing lead, all except for one of our originals which our guitarist wrote - the bass line is really tricky to get a grip on *and* sing, so i made him do it :p but yeah, since we're pretty heavy, it's more of a "talking loudly and with aggression" instead of actual singing, so i guess i don't count :(

10. i don't have a band but i wouldn't mind singing lead and playing

11. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    i do back up on just about every song except 5 or so I do or share leads.

12. Haha, no way! Man, I wish I could, but I just can't sing :D So I just shut up and lay the lows.

13. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I sing lead on most of my band's tunes. All covers, mostly 70's stuff.

Chris A.:rolleyes: