Who is a lead Singer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigunslinger, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Do u sing lead if you have a band?
  2. Well I do lead vocals in a band, but i also play guitar in that one! :eek: :cool:
  3. Traveler

Jun 26, 2001
    Greenwood, AR.
    I used to do lead vocals, until I realized I sucked. Now I do backup.
  4. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If you ever need a Barry White sytle singer. I'm your guy. I don't do lead vocals because I sing too low :( Oh well at least I don't have to wear tight leather pants :) ;)
  5. thre's nothing wrong with singing too low because I do and I'm Lead Singer n my band called Second Blur you can E-Mail us at secondblur@musician.net
  6. I sing lead. I don't have a voice that can carry a band, but i'm good for a "relief" singer for a few songs a set/show. I have great meter and a strong delivery, and i know how to "sell" a song. Believe me, a little "cheese" goes a long ways with a crowd. Singing with confidence is one of the most important, yet difficult, things to do. I think if everyone had the same confidence they had with their "shower" voice that they had into a microphone that singing would be alot easier. I need to use the cheese cuz i have good range both high and low, but just not a great singing voice. I can sing some harmony good if i hear a part, usually the 3rd, but i suck at some parts. I'm not a good natural harmony singer, but i pick my spots and know when to back off it. Trent
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Primarily backup vocals. Though, on a couple of songs my old band did, I gave the bass to our rhythem guitarist, and went whole hog on the vocals for about two songs....I have to sing low, about an octave and a half lower than I speak, because otherwise, I can't controll my voice as well, and I end up sounding thin, and not unlike one of the Rescue Rangers...Dale mostly :D
    I sorta end up sounding like a cross between Burton C. Bell of FF (when he busts out that barritone singin voice, and not his growl) and Serj Tankian of System of A Down...So, like any other rock/metal singer I guess...really can't sing and play at the same time though...
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I've done harmony vocals for my last band & sang a duet sorta lead on Outside w/the lead guitarist. The crowd liked it but once kyle [lead guitarist] came in for the main chorus i drop down to a lower pitch cause i honestly can sing high. thats all
  9. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    yep i sing lead, all except for one of our originals which our guitarist wrote - the bass line is really tricky to get a grip on *and* sing, so i made him do it :p but yeah, since we're pretty heavy, it's more of a "talking loudly and with aggression" instead of actual singing, so i guess i don't count :(
  10. i don't have a band but i wouldn't mind singing lead and playing
  11. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    i do back up on just about every song except 5 or so I do or share leads.
  12. Haha, no way! Man, I wish I could, but I just can't sing :D So I just shut up and lay the lows.
  13. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I sing lead on most of my band's tunes. All covers, mostly 70's stuff.

Chris A.:rolleyes: