Who Is Freekbass???

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ebozzz, Jan 28, 2003.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    He ain't no Bootsy that's for sure!
  2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
  3. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    I agree.
  4. giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Freekbass plays here locally in Cincinnati. I believe they are Cincinnati based though I may be wrong on this point. They started getting popular around here about 7-8 years ago. There is a friendship between them and Bootsy.
  5. nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Yep - Chris Sherman, local guy. Nice enough fellow & they have a following, but not really my thing.

I guess I don't got the funk... :crying:
  6. I bought one of their albums based on the P-funk / Bootsy connexction and IMHO it just ain't happening for these guys!
    The geezer up front maybe a nice guy and a decent, but the band just ain't got no funk for me and I've been listening to funk in its various guises for the last 30 years! very dissapointing
    The image seems to be somewhere between Bootsy and Prince!

Another guy who is on the Bootsy vibe is Dodge from the band Seven Eleven, they have some strong connections with the whole P-funk thing including Fred Wesley playing 'bone on their albums! Some tatsty playing from Dodge on both the seven eleven albums and his solo albums, a few obscure tracks in there too, but the good out weighs the bad in this case!

For all things funky check out www.funktothemax.com

7. Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    An friend of mine saw them up here in Cleveland and was disapointed. He said there was a bunch of rappers on stage with him???
    My old band in Dayton opened up for him when he was still Freebass and he's a really nice guy though. He was in the band "Shag" that was pretty good. You Cincy cats remember that?
  8. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Their manager is bootsy and thats were he was given stage name. Im from cincy area and seen him at the mad frog a few times. Nice guy. He has some good chops but nothing fancy. His name is missleading to me.