1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him)? Bio Movie

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him)? Bio Movie

Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him)? - Trailer - YouTube

A wildly entertaining, star-studded documentary about The Beatles's favorite American musician, WHO IS HARRY NILSSON (AND WHY IS EVERYBODY TALKIN' ABOUT HIM)? is a vibrant and definitive portrait of one of the most talented singer-songwriters in pop music history. Directed by Emmy and Grammy nominee John Scheinfeld (THE U.S. VS. JOHN LENNON), the film combines compelling interviews with Nilsson's family, friends and colleagues — including Brian Wilson, Randy Newman, Robin Williams, Micky Dolenz and Yoko Ono — with rare and never-before-seen archival footage, home movies, and excerpts from a recently discovered oral autobiography. The film delves deeply into Nilsson's artistic process, his spirited relationship with John Lennon, and the additions that haunted him in and outside the studio — as well as the peace he found as a devoted husband and father.

2. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Will love to see it. Jump Into the fire has one of the best bass solos ever. Inspired me to play bass as a child.

3. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    big fan

4. This has been shown on BBC4 in the UK a couple of times. Excellent doc.

5. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    I thought I had seen it on BBC.

I was always fascinated by him. Truly unique artist.