1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who is scared of clowns?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike151, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Yes definately!

18.2%
  2. Not in the slightest bit

52.7%
  3. Somewhat

20.0%
  4. I own a clown suit!

9.1%
  1. Mike151

Mike151 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    Seems like every haunted house I've ever been to has clowns. I don't get the whole clown fear thing. My wife and kids are scared of them. What's your take on the subject?

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    I freakin' hate clowns!

When I was little, my father took me with him to work. He drove a sales/service route for a tractor company on the TX/MEX border, so we often went into Mexico. We happened on a small circus, so we stopped so I could see the elephants and enjoy myself.

This clown came up to me, very close. I think was five or six, and he was HUGE! Tall and fat, a very large man. He was muy borracho, too, weaving around, stinking of beer. His chin stubble was long, and sticking out of his greasepaint. He kept getting in my face, and when he put his hands on me and tried to pick me up, Daddy grabbed me and took me back to the truck.

But the damage was done. That big, fat, drunk, stinky clown had scared me.

Now, I know better, but...I still don't like 'em.

cherie

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well I certainly do not find them enjoyable to be around. I kinda find the whole thing unsettling.

4. 3 words:

John Wayne Gacy

5. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight

Oct 11, 2009
    Liverpool
    I'm not afraid of them myself but I sure can understand why some people have a phobia of them. They look freaky as hell and as a child something like that can haunt you.

6. I don't mind them, but I definitely see why they could be scary to some.

I watched this show about this woman with Coulrophobia once.

They showed this scene at the beginning where they were a bunch of people in a room, and then the clowns started to walk in and do their stuff, and this woman just started freaking the hell out into a panic attack and everything, and everyone around her just ignored it. It looked like a demented horror movie or something, but then they showed the same scene toward the end and explained that it was part of her therapy that they were trying to get her to be around clowns to get past the fear.
    This woman was trying to get over her fear of clowns, which was actually so bad that even just a cute little clown icon on a game her kids had on the computer would give her a panic attack.

I thought it was really interesting that someone could have a fear that intense of something that they know can't hurt them.

7. Ok, this was the woman I saw in the show:

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I don't mind clowns a bit, but my sound guy freakin hates them! He used to have a clown for a roommate years ago. I guess he was a nice enough guy, paid his share of the bills, cleaned up after himself etc.........

I think the biggest issue was that after he got done in the bathroom, he made the entire apartment smell funny.

9. Used to be when I was younger, now I'm a big 20 year old. If a clown tries to mess with me, I'm confident I can take him out. :D

10. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    I know a kid in my marching band that is, pretty sure he does it to get attention.

11. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    They don't frighten me, they just sorta' creep me out. They look evil to me. I also have never seen a clown that I thought was funny. They are just stupid and creepy looking.

12. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    +1

But even before JWG I had clown coming up out of the toilet nightmares as a little kid.

...I hate those bastyds! :spit:

13. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    no sir

14. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    +1. I'm not "afraid" of clowns, but I just think there's something strangely perverted about them. Kinda' like they're trying to disguise their true motives.

Yes, I know that that is a very unfair, wide-sweeping statement; but it's just my opinion. Of course I don't like mimes either... :D

15. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    It's that damn smiley face on a lot of em, like they just did something evil but they cover it up with a mile wide smile:D

16. Clowns don't scare me

A room full of Dolls, Scares the #### out of me

17. +10,000. Porcelain dolls....are scary, especially the tall lanky looking ones with the rosey cheeks and evil expression on their face.

18. Mike151

Mike151 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    OK, my curiousity is getting the best of me. 3 people voted that they own a clown suit? For real???

19. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    If I could figure out how to get the blood stains out of it, I could wear it again! :ninja: