Who is that (female) bass player in Reggie Watts's Band (Late Late Show with James Corden?)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by subtlestew, Mar 26, 2015.

1. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie The winged monkeys showed up

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    The very talented Hagar was playing a different bass last night (than the Fender P she has been playing). It was very very pretty. It is an Elrick Gold Series New - Jazz 4-string. They start at $3K. 'Looked a lot like a pearl white Lakland DJ4. 'Has a white (pearl?) finish, white (pearl?) scratch plate, maple fingerboard, pearl white blocks, J-bass pups, and an active pre. I thought it sounded better than the P. Deeper lows, but tighter. She seemed to be digging it.

ErikP.Bass and zbigniew like this.
  2. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Nice bass... Looks from Elrick's web site that this is a full scale bass - there was some talk of her going shorter scale. Guess not with this one, unless it's a custom job for her.

Anyway, it's sweet looking.

3. georgiagoodie

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    Luke19Boarder likes this.
  4. georgiagoodie

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    Funny, the bridge on the Elrick looks a bit like the one on the Peavey T-40...

bassbully likes this.
  5. Johnny Cilantro

Johnny Cilantro

Jun 28, 2016
    Is it a Gold Series or an Expat Series?

6. georgiagoodie

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    I am not sure. Gold Series?
    It appears she has changed out the neck for one with a rosewood fret-board now.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  7. Johnny Cilantro

Johnny Cilantro

Jun 28, 2016
    Thanks for pointing out it was an Elrick. I'd see it every night and at first thought it could be a modified Sadowsky but the head stock wasn't right.

8. She played thru a Jule Monique preamp (bamboo casing), Aguilar SL112 cabs, and Aguilar ToneHammer500 amp.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  9. Here is Hagar Ben Ari playing some mighty fine grooves with Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings in 2010!

Florinda4 and zbigniew like this.
  10. SkippyZippy

SkippyZippy

Mar 2, 2017
    Thank God for the Dap Kings. I was beginning to become bored with her plain-vanilla style when I listen to her on Corden's show.

11. I think vanilla is what you play when arrangements are made up on short notice. Also Reggie works so hard to be "over the top" the music becomes wallpaper. There's a clip where Reggie and Corden are bantering away with Hagar and her Fender sitting between them waiting. Finally they say Hey, Play Something on your Bass (unplugged)! Twang twang, the end. Sorry!

12. Anyone know the amp that sits atop the TH500 (?? I think) and the 2 Aguilar SL112's ? Has a purple light. ..looks to be a red/brown color. ..could be lighting that tho.
    No reason either, just curious. Looks like a Tone Hammer 500 on top of the 2 SL cabs. ...but there's sumthin on top of that

13. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    Sadly I don't know if they'll be doing anything anymore, but definitely not in that exact form. If you haven't seen the documentary though it's well worth it.

14. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I don't know what you're talking about......I'm dead sexy..........:D

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021