Who is the artists?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jace The Bass, Jul 18, 2005.

1. The song is called eleanor rigby and was wondering who the artist that sings this?
  2. It's by this really obscure indie group called The Beatles.... :D
  3. wasn't there a heavy metal band that covered it recently?
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Died in a church and was buried?
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Tell me more about these Beatles you speak of...

...Are they any good?

I so love new indy music.
  6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Nah, Wings was better.

7. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I understand how absurd you must find it that a musician doesn't know much about the beatles, and doesn't know that song, but until people are introduced to the band and classic rock and whatever else, how are they supposed to know? Someone has to help them, and comments like yours are surely not being of any assistance. There are actually people in this world that are not familiar with all the music that you know about. Who is going to fill them in?? Being rude doesn't help anyone...

Edit: sorry to single you out, I was complaining about TBers in general, but I had to compain!
  8. Umm, lighten up! It's a web forum....
  9. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, I know my response may have been a little excessive, but that just hit a nerve I guess. Someone can respond with a post that makes other people that are "in the know" laugh or whatever, or you could try to help. I admit I did neither, and said nothing helpful to the original poster, but... if you're gonna type something in response to the question you might as well help enlighten someone who obviously needs it. And apparently I'd rather bitch at people than be helpful, so SOMEONE must help him!!
    I'm just saying that knowledge must be acquired from somewhere, and if a musician is trying to learn something, even if to me or you the question is silly, it sucks if all the responses are sarcastic and he can't get a straight answer.

10. No worries no offence taken besides I must admit I actually thought that was the artist's name eleanor :D Thanks for the help pete I actually had to learn the song at a gig and never heard it b4 so I winged it but wanted to know who wrote/sung it
  11. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The Beatles' version is on their groundbreaking album called Revolver.
    What made this tune 'unique'-
    ...it was all orchestral + vocals; very different vs. what else was going on in the early daze of the Rock-Pop milieu.

You can search "Eleanor Rigby" at allmusic.com & see many others have covered this moody piece.
    I know Rare Earth covered it on their Ecology album(that struck me as 'strange' when I first bought the LP).
    Rare Earth's interpretation does have 'standard Rock band instrumentation' vs. The Beatles' version.
  12. I did a version of it with only my vocals and a pencil..........it was rockin :bassist:
  13. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Also covered separately by Ray Charles and Aretha Franklin...but it's all about the Beatles.

14. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    OMG :confused: :eek: I'm getting way too old :scowl:

15. It says here you were born in 1971... Come on. 30+ years and you don't know the beatles?!1?
  16. True back then I was'nt a musician then kinda started late around 87 besides I was one of those strictly reggae and nothin else kind've person back then now times have changed and am into anything
  17. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    Who are the Beatles?
  18. Four shaggy haired heathens who blair that god-forsaken , hip moving, devil's music they call rock'n'roll! :spit: