1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who is the bassist on Edwin McKain's "Jesters, Dreamers & Thieves?"

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by T. B. Player, Aug 28, 2007.

1. What a hip tune - what a great goove - and WHAT A GREAT BASS TONE!! Who's playing, and, more importantly, WHAT's he playing?

NE1 NO?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Scott Bannevich on a fretless Warwick... generally.

I've been a fan a long time... He's the reason I want to dig Warwicks.... but after playing dozens and dozens over the years, I've yet to find one I like for myself.

3. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    I believe Scott Bannevich is playing a Warwick Thumb 5 Neck-Through. Hearing Scott Bannevich, Seth Horan and Darren Michaels (all awesome bassists with amazing tone!) on their Warwicks had a lot to do with me getting my Warwick Thumb 5 BO!

:hyper:

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste!:cool:

4. Scott Bannevich

Scott Bannevich

Sep 21, 2007
    I never really looked at any of these forums, and Im glad to see someone liked what I did on that CD. I have a detailed list of what I used down the the recording desk and mic-pre's. I have to say old thumb bass's neck profiles are so much nicer than the new one's. I think Hans Peter at Warwick changed it to shake things up abit, but they are way to big for me.
    Again, thanks
    Scott

scottbannevich.com

5. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Lee Hendricks works with Edwin too...Not sure what recordings he on though...Lee also tours with Olivia Newton-John from time to time...

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Saw Scott live with Edwin McCain at the 9:30 club in DC about 9-10 years. I am a rock fan and that show hands down was one of the best sounding Live shows I have ever seen. Except for the keyboard/oboe/flute guy was too loud in the mix and he killed my ears on the high notes. He was playing a fretless Warwick then. Great player.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Wow, thanks Scott!