Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who is the biggest star who plays Bass??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Martha01, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Martha01

Martha01

Sep 20, 2002
    what do you say Brian Wilson??,Gene Simmons,???

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
  4. Not trying to top those already mentioned, but a lot of people seem to know Flea.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    What's this obsession with McCartney Zack01- I mean Martha01? These are badly veiled McCartney threads you're posting.

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Paul McCartney

7. Compared to their lifestyles I would say Wilson and Simmons are less known for their bass playing.

I would go with McCartney only because almost every age group at this time knows who he is, but again to most he is a Beatle not a bass player.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Clearly Marth01 is Sir Paul McCartney. He comes here when people yell at him for wings. He then starts threads like this to feel better. I still say he's the biggest star who plays bass. Buck up Paul!

9. Martha01

Martha01

Sep 20, 2002
    Who the hell is Zack???

who plays bass on pet sounds in the album its say Carol Kaye but some persons says:What a nice bass line wilson play on Good Vibration........is it Brian or Carol???

10. The person who plays bass on that song is Binky Fudpucker from the band 'Slarti Bardfast'.

Hope this helps.

:eek:

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut

:rolleyes:

Your identical twin who happens to share the same body.

12. Bootsy Collins plays the biggest bass that is a star. It looks like it's about 2 feet in diameter.

13. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I gotta go with Shaquille O'Neal - 7 foot 1 and 315 lbs.

14. sirgrooveholic

sirgrooveholic

Sep 26, 2002
    Paul McCarthy but I really think Sting even people don't acknowledge that he is a bass player ,positivily, and absolutely.

Most fans of Beetles can name everyone from that band, and most of the people knows beetles.

15. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I wouldn't say most fans of beetles can necessarily name all of the Beatles :D

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hollywood Hulk Hogan plays a pretty mean bass!

17. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I saw this giant, muscled-up guy playing bass in a club in Augusta Ga., this was probably in the early to mid 70s. The bass looked tiny in his huge hands. I later learned it was the Hulkster.

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'd have to go with Shaq. He's bigger than Hulk. :p

19. sirgrooveholic

sirgrooveholic

Sep 26, 2002
    I didn't said that everyone can name the beetles. I said that they have bigger crowd of fans and they probably know all of those british rockers.

Anyway I got the new name J.S. Bach he's the F**kin' superstar ,all right. Back in the days ,I guess.