1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who is the Experience Bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by TheXperience, Oct 31, 2010.

1. TheXperience

TheXperience

Oct 31, 2010
    Saw them in Montreal last night, Billy Cox and Doug Wimbish were there, but who is this bassist in the background:

[​IMG]

That's Eric Johnson in the foreground of course, and Chris Layton on drums.

2. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    Wow, I was there also and was wondering the same thing...I tried Google with no positive result.

3. TheXperience

TheXperience

Oct 31, 2010
    I can't even remember him being introduced.
    If you look at the Montreal Gazette site, they have a photo gallery for the concert and half the captions are wrong...they identified the guitarist from Los Lobos as Kevin Wayne Shepherd..morons!
    :)

4. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    They weren't much better at the show. At one point they referred to us as Toronto.
    They did introduce him but I didn't catch the name.

5. TheXperience

TheXperience

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah that was too funny. It was Corey Glover. Not to go OT, but the lead guitarists were amazing. Kevin Wayne Shepherd really impressed me as did Lang. Vai didn't disappoint either.

6. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    I thought it was great. Hard to have an ego when you are playing the music of one of..if not the greatest rock guitar players. I liked Vai the least but that was probably because of his stage moves and the leather pants....not his playing.

7. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
  8. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Can he even reach the G string on the bass?

9. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    I know what you mean...I can see it being important for the look if you are playing metal or punk,,,but this guy plays blues...incredibly uncomfortable.

10. SoLongJake

SoLongJake Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Des Moines, Iowa
    fixed it for you

11. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    Point taken
    This is art...no right way or wrong way.

12. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I saw their first live show this past week in Pittsburgh. Awesome show. Ive seen both KWS and Johnny Lang live multiple times, but it was my first time for the others!

Oh, and Billy Cox is a douchebag, in my book. $10 for an autograph? Just an autograph.. On something you own.. really? And at the end of the show he asked the audience to buy HIS t-shirts!

What?! Its a show in memory of Jimi?!

13. [​IMG]
    Better than a lot of people who have their bass up to their chin and rest their plucking forearm on the top of the bass and have to twist their wrist at a 90 degree angle to touch the strings.

Hello, carpal tunnel syndrome.

Mind, the low-slingers simply get the CTS in their fretting forearm/wrist.

CTS ... incredibly uncomfortable, for anyone.

14. TheXperience

TheXperience

Oct 31, 2010
    Hmmmm....he didn't try to sell anything in Montreal.

Thanks! Good detective work.

15. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    I work as an IT Recruiter/Headhunter...It was bugging me that I couldn't figure it out.

16. TheXperience

TheXperience

Oct 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

Two couples in my row left within 15 minutes of the start. Can you imagine you shelled out 200 bucks for a concert you've been dying to see/hear and your date blurts out

"I'm sorry, this just too loud and weird for me. Maybe we can go see Justin Bieber next time"

What would you do to her?

17. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    That's why I go to concerts on my own or with friends.
    I never want to worry if the other person is enjoying it.

18. RJC1811

RJC1811

Nov 19, 2008
    Canandaigua, NY
    I'm seeing them in Buffalo tomorrow. Can't wait!

19. TheXperience

TheXperience

Oct 31, 2010
  20. judeix808

judeix808

Oct 2, 2010
    Hilo, HI

I'd make her walk home just at the mention of his name..........................:bag: