Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who is the greatest bassist of all time??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Flea 1, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flea 1

Flea 1

Nov 16, 2002
    Who is the greatest bassist and why. I wanna know what you guys think. I personally think Flea from the Red HOt Chili Peppers is the greatest, he has no limits, jumps around does funny yoga stuff whilst playing and still is the greatest bassist ever:D what else couldf you ask for! :)

2. Mixman

Mixman

Jun 17, 2002
    Canada
    I think a big part of who people think the greatest bassist is has a lot to do with personal music preferences. I love Classic Rock, although most bass lines are quite boring, Geddy Lee has the style I would most like to eminate. His is not only a bass, but a rhythm guitar as well. He fills HUGE gaps in the music with bass, and, if you've ever seen Rush, you'll know how big they sound for a three-piece band. Plus his music pushes the envelope, breaks new ground, and is unlike all others. So he gets my vote for the greatest bassist of all time. Many will disagree with me and you, but that's what life is all about!

Sean

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Whichever bassist moves you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.