who is the mfg of ROGUE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basscase, Jan 6, 2006.

1. I'm wondering who makes the line of products with the name
    Rogue and are they reliable.?
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Depends on the Rogue. Cheap china rogue, or exotic custom small company rogue.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

4. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Rogue prices went back up at musicians friend BTW.
    Never owned one so i can't comment on reliability.
    I suspect theyre pretty cheesy.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Heh, i wasnt entirely serious, i was more refering to Alembics model Rogue bass, heh.

sry ><
  6. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    I owned a Rogue 12-string acoustic g*****. It wasn't that bad construction wise. My only problem with it was that it wouldn't stay in tune because of the cheap tuners. It played and sounded really nice.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ah yes, who needs to be in tune :rolleyes:

moral of the story. Rogue sucks.
  8. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I have a rogue acoustic guitar as well. Sounds fine. Tuners do suck, though. Not enough to trash the guitar.

But I have played a rogue bass... And it was horrible. It was the really cheap $89 one. Made of plywood. Sounded like crap. Played like crap.
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Kid who I was giving lessons to brought in his Christmas gift, a Rogue bass. I played it for a few minutes, actually CUT myself on the awful fretwork, wiped off the blood and recommended he send it back. He had an SX two weeks later.
  10. Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    i have one of the "higer end" rogue basses, i think around $350 its actually very pleasent to play, compared to other 300$ basses. the action was a bit high, but no big deal. but as to who manufactures rogue, i have noooo clue. they have no contact #, and no website, so good luck getting in touch with them.

but if you do lemme know :)
  11. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I heard it was Steve Barr.
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's re-labeled high-end Ed Roman stuff.
  14. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    He is not that good at producing numbers like that! He tends to have trouble getting them done at all.
  15. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I don't know who manufactures Rogue, but I do know that the higher end ones are made in Korea at the same factory that makes Brice basses for www.rondomusic.com The 8 string basses were identical, as well as a few others. Sometimes Rondo/Brice offers cooler woods (cocobolo), but the designs look the same as high-end Rogue/MF to me.
  16. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I heard it was wishbass
  17. jonly

Oct 3, 2005
    Springfield, il
    I bought the entry level rogue for my 10 year old daughter this christmas. She wanted it in pink so I have the wonderful experience of rebuilding a Rogue bass!(?)

Sound on the bass is fine. I would never expect half of the tonal qualities this thing gives from an $89 bass.

Construction is about what I would expect however. I didn't stand in on the sanding of the body but it looked like plywood when I removed everything.
    The bass is extremely light and tries to float away when you play it. The neck doesn't feel too awful for the price range and includes 24 frets, but the frets are sharp on the edges, as mentioned above.
    The knobs are plastic, the bridge is crap.
    The tuners seem to get the job done.
    One of the screws was completely stripped on the jackplate when I received it.
    for 89 bucks, I'll give this guy (girl now) an 8, but I won't be buying one for myself.
  18. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Fieldy's not always in tune and he's got a ton of money. Moral of the story, as long as you can fool some of the people some of the time...
  19. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    I think it's a nine year old Indonesian child. Just what I heard... just what I heard.
    (( doing my best impersonation of John Belushi in Animal House)) :p