1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who is the 'Tennessee Kid's bassist??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by vernhillbass, Mar 18, 2013.

1. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    I just watched a video of Justin Timberlake playing Suit and Tie on SNL. Beyond being one of the best overall live SNL performances I've seen, the bass player KILLED it.Who is this dude? I'll post the link below...listen with headphones. BTW the rest of the band is awesome.

2. No JT fan here, but I saw it too and it was fantastic! And yes, the band killed!

Dont know who the bass dude is though.

3. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    I have only heard him before when my kids used to listen to NSync. He certainly is very talented and knows how to make a great song. He hit a homerun on that one. Going to have to see what he has up his sleeve. Maybe it's all that good!

4. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
  5. grouse789

grouse789 Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Westchester NY
    Ok, How do you get That tone? Seriously that was awesome. I am a rock bassist, but would love to nail that tone for church. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

6. dmbass

dmbass

Mar 17, 2013
    Can't believe no one has answered this yet. The bassist is Adam Blackstone. He has some heavy-duty credits to his name. Check out March 2012 edition of BP.

diglo likes this.
  7. mfbolton

mfbolton Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 30, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Owner - MFB Enterprises, Craftsman - Notlob Basses
    Had to resurrect this thread to say everybody should check out Adam on the new JT concert flick on Netflix.

8. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    Yes, that band is phenomenal and Is a great video, whether you are a fan of his or not.