1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

who is this guy selling sadowsky basses on ebay for $8000. from japan ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barginkov, May 3, 2015.

1. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    has anyone ever dealt with this person ,, is it a scam ? why would anyone buy from him for almost double
    than directly from sadowsky ? .. i dont get it

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147

Ok, Ya made me look, but nutting'! OY!

3. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
  4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    He is testing the "greater fool" hypothesis put forth by some guy from Queens—or was it the upper westside? ;) :cool:

But seriously, I have no clue why.

5. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    IIRC, this is a dealer in Japan who has some kind of connection to the Tokyo Shop. Roger is aware of the seller and the pricing, and has posted in the Club thread that people just should not buy from the person, due to the pricing. As I said, IIRC.

6. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    If you want to know if it's a scam, ask Roger. You can contact him through his site and I am sure he will set you straight.

7. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    I just wonder what makes this dealer think someone would pay him more than getting it straight from the sadowsky shop.

8. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    The other $3000 is just shipping cost. :)

jg42 likes this.
  9. davidchampoux

davidchampoux Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
  10. JonKim

JonKim

Nov 15, 2011
    I actually bought 2 basses brand new from the store. He is a legit Sadowsky dealer in Japan.
    A lot of the Sadowsky guys know about his online store! think he is getting the currency exchange all wrong or maybe other folks are paying for the basses?
    His online store is ikke something.

If you buy directly from the online website it's actually a lot cheaper than the us dealers.

11. davidchampoux

Dec 2, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
  12. JonKim

JonKim

Nov 15, 2011
    Yup that's the website I bought my basses from! They got some crazy deals time to time

13. davidchampoux

Dec 2, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
    Here's the answer I just got from the eBay guy:

(me) > Do you buy from Ikebe

(eBay guy) Yes.

(me) > and sell back $1000 more on eBay?

(eBay guy) No, the price on ebay incluses the service fee and shipping cost. If you purchase from us we will pack and ship your item carefully and you can also contact us anytime.

All that for $1000 more than Ikebe online store... Yay!

14. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    My guess? If he has buyers they are in mainland China. Collectors of all sorts in China will pay more than top dollar for product and if this is faster than getting one all the way from the US than the 'service fee' will be worth it to someone in that new high dollar collector/consumer culture.

15. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Yeah, I think this is the most likely explanation. Otherwise, it simply boils down to:
    1. If you don't ask for it, you certainly won't get it:
    2. There's a sucker born every minute; and
    3. "Nobody ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the American public" - H. L. Mencken :)