Who is this guy?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Para_Ebola, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Para_Ebola

Jul 25, 2002
    hey, i was just watching Jerry cantrell's video for 'Anger Rising', and i was just wondering who his bassist is? i've seen him playing bass for Ozzy Osbourne as well.
    not really into metal bassists, but i was just curious as to who he is. thanx.
  2. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    haven't seen this video, but it might be Robert Trujillo. Does he have two long braids and play his bass WAY low? Great bass player. Can get super funky too. :D
  3. Para_Ebola

Jul 25, 2002
    yea, thats the guy. scary looking bassist hehe. name rings a bell. i'm sure he's played in a band i know. dunno which tho. will check.
  4. Yeh, it is Robert. I think hes a great bassist one of my all time fav's.

5. Para_Ebola

Jul 25, 2002
    yea. i know where i know that name from now. he played bass for suicidal tendencies.
  6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yeah, he's a pretty bad ass bass player.

Check out Jerry Cantrell's first album, Boggy Depot. There's a song on there called Setteling Down, that has an awesome fretless bass part. He had a bunch of guest bassist on that album.
  7. He was also the original bassist for Infectious Grooves (Suicidal offshoot). Check out the CD "The Plague That Makes Your Booty Move." A great funk/metal/slap extravaganza. Fieldy could only whish to be able to play bass like that.;)
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    isn't this guy the bass player for the new JC tour?

Adam Stanger is on tour with Jerry Cantrell. Jerry, as you know, used to be the guitar player with Alice in Chains and is touring along with Nickelback. Adam is here with his black stain Europe series 5-string. The model number on that bass is NS-5CRFM.
    Thanks Adam, and have a Jim Beam for us!
  9. Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    It can't be Robert Trujillo. Isn't he touring with Ozzy right now???
  10. yea he was on tour with ozzy, but i thought it was over by now.