Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who is using a Fulltone Bassdrive in their pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dalley, Jan 5, 2006.

1. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    I just got a carpet lined pedalboard and I'm starting to attach the velcro on the bottom of my pedals. When I went to take the rubber feet of the Fulltone, I noticed the screws must stay in place to hold the unit together. However, it appears the screws would lift the unit too much where the velcro will not make contact with the carpet. How do I get around this?

2. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I don't have one, but would it be possible to glue a small peice of wood onto the bottom of the pedal, and attach the velcro to that?

-Dash

3. It did not bother me. Just put the velcro all over the bottom side. No problems occured so far.

4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I just used a couple of velcro strips across the bottom of mine (actually a Fulldrive 2, but same case as the Bassdrive). It works just fine. The screw heads will push into the carpet enough to aloow for the velcro and carpet to hook up.

5. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    Yea that's what I did. I stacked about 4 pieces of that industrial strength velcro together, and just left the rubber feet on it.

Man.....I think industrial strenght velcro could hold the world together...that stuff is stinkin strong! :bassist:

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I removed the feet and used smaller screws.

7. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I removed the rubber feet, used the stock screws, and the velcro holds fine.

8. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    thanks for the tips guys ... one other thing:

how do you affix the Boss/Digitech type pedals? I noticed the velcro doesnt stick to the rubber footing. Do you take the rubber off or just put the velcro on the smaller area not covered by rubber in the center? I just want to make sure these pedals dont fall off during constant transport. Thanks again in advance!

9. Use Super-Glue?

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Sticks fine to my boss/digitech pedals

But double sided tape is always good for making velcro stick to you pedals better

11. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    yeah, I see what you mean...the Fulltone is probably the easiest to mount. I will give the super glue a shot for the BOSS/Digitech pedals....

12. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    For my boss pedals I put the velcro on side to side instead of long ways. That way the velcro comes around the side and sticks to the metal. I have no problem after that.

13. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    hmmmm......maybe I'll try that first :eyebrow:

14. +1