Who isn't watching the Super Bowl and why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick man, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ok guys, Im wondering how many of you have decided that you really don't care what happens in today's "big game." :rolleyes:

I know I couldn't care less, and I saw that Matt and Brendan are on the same page. So, who else is with us?!

Who else out there is glad that they arent watching it and what are your plans?

Me, I was invited to a few parties but since Id rather shoot myself in the head, Im just gonna stay in my dorm, play bass, and do some work thats not due for at least a week.

Im done, now post! :cool:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm not watching because it's not "real" football (aka soccer)... :p :D
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Because football still hasn't adopted my Trebuchet football innovations.

See Blisshead's trebuchet thread for details.
  4. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    because i live in the civilised world and i am against organised sport. oh wait, that's religion.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What about religious sports?

"Moses is wide open. Jesus fades back for a long ball... Fading, looking for an opening..

Oh no, sack by Judas Iscariot! I tell you, sports fans, none of us saw that coming. Well, once again the Metatron and the 3rd Levels are clashing head to hear, and this time...

It's biblical."
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well, some guy running with a ball, trying to get the ball to the other side of the field while other guys try to stop them can be appealing only for so long. Maybe I just have a short attention span.

I believe I started an anti-Super Bowl thread last year. :p
  7. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Change "soccer" to Australian Rules Football and you have my answer :cool:

Actually I don't mind NFL as a spectacle - I like the "military" style of the game but the SuperBowl is on at 10:30 am here and I am at work and well...its just not that important :)
  8. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    I dont know what superbowl is, i assume its what we call american footbal, that thing with a rugby ball?
  9. I'm just watching for the commercials... but my dad is at a Anti-super bowl party. Gotta keep things balanced!
  10. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Im not watching the game, thats for damn sure. Im not sure what Im doing yet but it sure isnt going to be watching "the game". The only reason Im even quasi-tempted is the commercials.
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    After reading this and the trebuchet thread I feel like I should say that you sir should be in charge of the NFL.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering I just found out that its the Patriots and the Panthers playing this year from my girlfriend.

12. First off I don't even know who is in the superbowl, and I don't watch the superbowl unless the broncos are in it. I lost interest in this season when the Broncos got owned by the colts.
  13. Im watching lotr:ttt right now.
    Better than the super bowl.
    I dont care for sports that pay people to run into each other.
    Wheres the intelligence come in? Deciding which person to run into? Reading their numbers?
    Better stuff out there than that crap.
  14. whats the supper bowl ???????? :)
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im not watching. Ill probably catch the last quarter. I dont like football. I just need to know who wins so i dont feel stupid tomw at school.
  16. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I was never a big fan of Bowling, and I've got a solo album to work on.
  17. im not watching caus im on this website right now.

if i werent on this website, it would be because i am mad at the television right now. he called me a name, so me and vaccum are giving him the silent treatment
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm watching it while I take care of household chores. I got my eyes on a couple eBay auctions that end shortly. I have a wireless laptop, so I watch the game while I am surfing.

19. i have too much homework to be watching tv. of course, i haven't yet done any of said homework, but still...

i did make a neat collage today, and i plan on doing a few watercolors tnight. i'ma start putting together a portfolio.