1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who just finished their taxes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fookgub, Apr 16, 2006.

1. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Come on... admit it. I just finished mine about an hour ago.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I did my federal taxes in Feb. I still have to mail everything in for federal, state, and local, though.

3. Finished on Friday and mailed them on Saturday. I owed the feds $83, and the state owes me ONE WHOLE FREAKING DOLLAR!!

I hate taxes. Not the idea, but how it's nearly impossible to tell if you filled out your W-2s right until it's too late.

Rock on
    Eric

4. Finished? I haven't even started yet. I mean, they're not even due till tomorrow AMIRIGHT??

5. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Already got my government money. $130!

6. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I signed my life away earlier today. At least I'm getting a return...:)

AuG

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I feel foolish, I thought I was going to have to pay. Did them yesteday morning, and I'm getting a decent amount back.:meh: That's what I get for assuming.:eek:

8. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I thought I'd get my entire withholding back... then I figured capital gains. I had to pay the feds $29! :mad: At least there's no state income tax. :)

9. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I already have my refund in the bank. $308 from the feds and Florida has no state income tax.

10. PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just finished mine yesterday, I was surprised that I had so many write offs which really helped. Turbo Tax is a life saver.

11. well all of mine are done but I'm still waiting on my K-1 so I filed for extension.

I was 1099 all year so no returns for me, got most of it written off though so only going to half to pay on a little.

12. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    My accountant filed for an extension. There was something I forgot to get him in time :bag:

13. Finished mine Sunday around 3:00. I'm still young (ie one of us has been in school every year I've been married) so we get almost all of it back.

14. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I have paid in my taxes but have filed an extension for my return. I still need to make last year's retirement plan contribution and I will have that money at the end of the month.

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Its some complicated stuff.

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Mailed mine in last Thursday in the (tada) nick of time!

17. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Just curious here.. but why wait?

I did mine the day I got my W-2's from the employer. My theory is that if I'm due something back, I want it.. at least get a couple month's head start on the interest saved in my account.

If you have to pay, then you have time to budget said payment before sending everything in...

18. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I'm netfiling my taxes tomorrow. I'm getting a cool 2.5k back. :) We Canucks have until the end of the month to file (if we owe money).

19. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    I just e-filed this afternoon. I'm heading out to the post office to drop the vouchers and checks in the mail. I have a strange feeling that I'll be crying into a beer later this evening, wondering what I get in return for all the $$$ I give to the gubmint every year.

20. Oh yeah, $1100 refund, suckas. Bet you all wished you made as little as I do!