Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who knows stuff about PA speakers??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jerry J, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Are there any folks here that can recommend floor monitors? Or know of a site similar to TB that can give me any recommendations?

I've been building up a PA system and I'm down to getting the floor monitors. My mains are JBL MPro 15's.

2. Hey!
    I'm a pro sound engineer so maybe I can help! First I'll need to know what kind of price range you're interested in and what applications you're using them for. As for other sites. Check pro sound web, uh www.live-audio.com or the Live Sound and productiion forum over on HC.
    cheers!

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Cool. Spacegoat!

I'm thinking under $300 each with 2 monitors in mind. I'm using a Behringer 2004 board and I am using two Crown CE1000's. One for FOH and one for monitors. And as I said, I'm using the JBL MPro 15's for FOH.

This is bar band stuff and most of the places are max at 150-200 people. Mostly used for vocal monitoring. I need to stay pretty reasonable in size as I still have to fit my bass rig in the Exploader.

All of the local pro audio shops in town are setup to demo the FOH speakers but I've gotten evil looks when I ask about monitors. Plus I don't sing, in front of people, so it's tough for me to make a sound (excuse the pun) judgement.

The only monitor speaker that I've heard a good comment on was the little Yorkville 12". But the only place in town that sells the Yourkvilles is out of them and says that the manufacturer is severly back ordered. And they don't have any in stock.

I'll checkout the website that you suggested. Thanks so much!