Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackthreads, May 6, 2003.

1. Blackthreads

May 4, 2003
    I'm posting this to see how many people are into death metal and Black Metal.

Cradle of Filth is also another great band to listen to.:bassist:
  2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    I don't listen to Cannibal that much anymore...though "From Skin to Liquid" is a great tune.
    I might be going to see Testament to reminisce this week. :smug:
  3. i agree that from skin to liquid is good, i dont like em that much, i had a guitarist who used to listen to them alot, so they kind of grew on me though
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I prefer the more progressive variety, e.g. Cynic or Death.
    And of course our friends from the north (Scandinavia).
  5. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    *raises hand*
  6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Funny story time....

I was hanging out at a friend's house one Saturday afternoon. We're in the den and he has C.C. playing on the stereo. His two year old daughter is in there with us and she's headbanging ( honestly ). Suddenly the guys wife comes walking in and yells at us:

He turns to her and replies:

"Shut-up woman!! That baby LOVES Cannibal Corpse!!!"

I almost wet myself!!!
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm not much into cannibal corpse, but we got neil kernon to mix our cd. that was sorta cool.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cannibal Corpse is like My First Death Metal Band. I thought they were cool for all of two seconds, then I moved on to other bands, stuff like Cynic, Dark Tranquility, Gorguts, ect.
  9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've seen them twice, second time I was about 2 feet from them and met them after the show.
    They're very nice people.
    Webster is a hell of a good bassist.
    Unfortunately, the style doesn't leave much room for him to shine.
    He's still the backbone of the band.
  10. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Now Soilent Green....that's some serious metal :D
    I'd say that fits the bill of death metal too. I've been listening to them a lot lately.
    Death's Sound of Perseverance was classic too.
  11. i'm listening to Death right now. just thought i'd share.
  12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Am I alone in saying they got so much better once they ditched Barnes? I mean... Fisher can actually keep up with the band, Barnes just occasionally released low grunts.

Plus the musicianship/production picked up quite a bit. I can say I'm a fan. :bassist:
  14. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Hell yeah, but I only dig the Fischer-era stuff. Cooler range of grunting and shrieks, IMO. Webster gets some licks in, and that four-finger technique of his has really gotta be seen in action to be appreciated as he doesn't get much play on the albums (generally speaking). Too bad they've been in the heady process of stagnation for some time now; don't think it's gonna change much. Still, they're an important band to listen to for people who wanna get initiated into the world of GRAWR! :D
  15. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Agreed!!!! Barnes just pissed me off. He just started singing where he wanted. Fisher on the other hand sings where it fits. I think that has more to do with the other band members writing lyrics now. When Barnes was in the band he wrote nearly ALL the lyrics.
    I still love Cannibal Corpse. Yes, there are other bands i like more but CC still do it for me.
    One hell of a bassplayer too IMO.
    I think Pat O'Brien has added alot to the band too. He has added a whole new dimension of song writing since joining the band on "Gallery Of Suicide".
  16. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Another fan here - I've seen 'em live three times. Crazy stuff - those guys are as dedicated as they come.

Vile is probably my favourite album.
  17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    What I love about metal bands like CC is in concert, they sing about the most disgusting stuff w/ the most agressive music, yet they still thank the fans. I mean all bands should be very greatful to their fans, but it's like

I just **** your eyeball socket with my knife

Thanks guys, we really love you, keep supporting metal.
  18. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    That's exactly it. Most underground metal musicians are the nicest people you'll ever meet, bar none.

I've met a whole bunch of 'em and most of them are genuinely interested in mingling with their fans. It's great.

In how many other scenes do you see this happening?
  19. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    I've only heard the stuff with Barnes. Although the blast beats get old kind of fast, you gotta love that main decending riff in Hammer Smashed Face -- it's pretty badass.

I haven't heard any of the recent stuff with the new singer...I should check it out.