Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who loves Danos!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, May 9, 2004.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    After recording what has to be one of the best studios in the world, or at least the US (the Village in Hollywood) with my dano DC, 83' Fender P-bass, and my (use to own, but now don't) custom FBB 5er. The Dano had the best tone. One of the producers LOVED the Dano so much that he wouldn't let me use any of my of basses! Now that I listen to the finish product I agree with him. The Dano just has this different cool vibe to it, that none of the other basses had. I love my DC :hyper:

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Was it vintage DC or one of the new reissued ones.

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    it is a reissue, with fender flats :bassist:

4. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    fat mike likes em

5. i dont, but hey, whatever floats your boat

6. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I did a recording with my DC and we were shocked how good it sounded. I posted one of the songs here and will work on getting the other up.

7. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
  8. wow, thats a beautiful looking studio!

i almost bought a dano, a hodad i think, when i first started, but i got a fender jazz instead,
    i was inches away from buying that dano rumor bass, with the built-in chorus, ever since than, i've been looking for basses with built-in effects.
    i still want one though!
    Charlie

9. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    watch for me and my Dano with in the next years!!!!! :smug:

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I think they've got a great "Grease" vibe to them.

I'd buy one if I had the overage. I still thing the Longhorn is a cool shape, and should be used somewhere else. Like on a regular scale bass (and not a Jerry Jones). Mmm...