1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who makes 6 strings for 35" scale

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by steve2, Jul 19, 2007.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I am having a heard time finding very many sets of strings for a 35" scale for a 6 string bass. Any recomendations.

Thanks

2. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Dean Markley SR2000's
    DR's all varieties

Go to JustStrings.com

3. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    I stick by GHS boomers for my BTB's its te only thing i put on em.They come in a electric blue package.

4. THSL

THSL

Jun 3, 2007
    New York, NY
    D'Addario makes these strings. Just make sure you get the Super Long sets, which fits up to 36" scale length. Also Ken Smith makes long strings that have up to 38" windings. I recommend getting strings at:

http://www.juststrings.com

You can order sets, or individual strings...

5. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I always order my strings from Just Strings I just did not know if for a 35" scale on the DR's if they would have to be longer than their normal set. FWIW the basses tuners are 3 on each side

6. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    Look for/ask for this spec particularly - THSL is spot on here.

7. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    My bass arrived today and I measured the ball to the tuner on the longest string and its 42 3/4 inches. The ESP comes with SIT strings and I only played it about 5 minutes so far I think the bass plays good but I think the strings are rough. I usually use Fat Beams. I have Sadowsky flats on my 5 string and my New ATK 300 came with Elixers. I think for rounds I really like the Fat Beams and Elixers a lot more than the SIT's.

Thanks